Lead is at it again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:Originally posted by jeffy

I just received my latest Golf Digest; on page 34 it features a piece by Leadbetter on changes he has made to Michelle Wie's swing. Looks to me like she now incorporates a bona fide flying right elbow, a la Freddie, Furyk and the young Jack Nicklaus. Compare the new sequence to the one found here from two years ago:

http://golfdigest.com/instruction/s...uction/swingsequences/gd200310powerswing.html

I don't see how this is an improvment as it must add an additional timing element to drop the elbow back to her right side as she starts down. What is the "TGM" take?

Jeff

To my eye it doesn't look like it's flying....

Her plane just isn't as flat as say, Hogan or something.

Drop her hands down to a shallower plane and it would be essentially the same.

jeffy

Banned
quote:Originally posted by birdie_man

To my eye it doesn't look like it's flying....

Her plane just isn't as flat as say, Hogan or something.

Drop her hands down to a shallower plane and it would be essentially the same.

B-man-

You are right, sort of: for some reason the link I pasted in above is now going to the 2003 sequence when her right elbow was much lower.

Try this link:

http://golfdigest.com/instruction/s...ction/swingsequences/gd200511michellewie.html

Her right elbow is almost above her right shoulder in this sequence taken in mid-August.

Jeff

Ya that's the one I looked at Jeff. I just quoted your first post.

I think her elbow is fine....i.e. the relationship between her left/right Flying Wedge (I think).....her plane is just steeper in the new sequence.

I think..

jeffy

Banned
quote:Originally posted by birdie_man

Ya that's the one I looked at Jeff. I just quoted your first post.

I think her elbow is fine....i.e. the relationship between her left/right Flying Wedge (I think).....her plane is just steeper in the new sequence.

I think..

OK, Furyk, Couples, Daly: all great ballstrikers, all have high right elbows. But, you have to admit that now hers is a lot higher than Hogan's! I think she is introducing a timing element she doesn't need...

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.