OMG, I think I'm gonna see Brian!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's about time! My wife has finally agreed to take some money out of savings so I can see Brian. I think she's finally seen the passion I have for golf and wants me to be the best I can. Checking on dates and times right now as I just pm'd Lisa. My question is for those who have had lessons with him. Particularly, the ones that have to do some traveling and are not able to see him on a regular basis. As my avatar (I think that's what it's called) depicts, I'm from Iowa so I'll have to put some miles on the old car. My question is how many hours do you guys have with Brian? I know it's a generic question but I have no idea. I figure nothing less than 3 hours but anything more might be out of my price range. I figure a 3 hr lesson is going to be a grand total of around 600 bucks. Is three hours enough? What do you guys do? Any suggestions are MORE than welcomed. Thanks

-Curtis

When I make the journey to Brian, or Mecca as some call it, I stay either 2 or 3 days. I don't even know how many "hours" I spend with him. We work until he says stop.

I am a 12 hour drive from New Orleans (which is too far for me now days) or a 2 hour plane flight, and it's too dang far to drive to Louisville so I fly if I see him there. The travel and hotel expense is probably equal to, or more than, the lesson cost for me.

I prefer several days because it gives me time to sleep on the the new stuff and then Brian can see if I retain the stuff from the previous day's work.

Plus, we usually play one of the days.

When I make the journey to Brian, or Mecca as some call it, I stay either 2 or 3 days. I don't even know how many "hours" I spend with him. We work until he says stop.

I am a 12 hour drive from New Orleans (which is too far for me now days) or a 2 hour plane flight, and it's too dang far to drive to Louisville so I fly if I see him there. The travel and hotel expense is probably equal to, or more than, the lesson cost for me.

I prefer several days because it gives me time to sleep on the the new stuff and then Brian can see if I retain the stuff from the previous day's work.

Plus, we usually play one of the days.

Maybe some day when I'm working but a "little" out of reach right now. I'm jealous otto!

I only did an hour with him, and though he helped me quite a bit in 1 hour, I would have liked more. I betcha in 3 hours he will have you golfing your ball real good.

It Depends.....

on where you are in matrix. I did 2 hours in NO and we dejunked my hook. 9 months later when I was hitting fades and slices, I did 2 hours in Louisville and we moved me to middle. I did a lot of work over the nine months, and that second lesson (end of June) was magic.

I had one hour with him in California last year. Did wonders for my swing. I would love to have had more time with him, but even if you can only get an hour, it will be well worth it.

3 hours was about right for me...lots of info to absorb but being a frequent visitor to the site will really help because you know a lot of what he is talking about. We worked most of the time on the swing and some on the short game.
You will be glad you did

I thank everyone for their responses. Keep 'em coming! This will help others as well thinking about taking lessons from Brian.

Take what is in your budget...

and break it up over 2 days. Do 1.5 one day and 1.5 the next. Take the first day early so you have some time to go play or stay at the range and work on stuff.

I've got around 10 hours in. I was a real beginner when I first saw him. Took 6 hours over 2 days. Then took 4 hours over 2 days awhile later. Now, I think I could get a lot of benefit out of 1-2 hours.

I was thinking about breaking into 2 sessions and possible going 2 per day but didn't know how much a hotel would cost. Any idea?

Hey curtisj76,
We spoke a little about underplane issues. I saw Brian and his buddy Mike Jacobs at a two day golf school in NY in May. It was terrific. But you must know where you are on the matrix. I have put in about 8-10 hours with Mike Jacobs, starting last fall where I was hitting an underplane slap hook. MJ took me to a NHA pattern, where I was hitting baby fades, but I started playing better instantly. For someone like me, learning to trace the plane with some educated hands is still a work in progress.
When I went to the NY tour stop, I still had some underplane tendancies, which Brian and Mike addressed. I was striping it on the range. I think by the time we got to the course I was wiped out.
It seems like if you need either NSA or NHA, Brian will start you there and try to move you toward the middle of the matrix. One hour and one lesson won't do it. Brian is so intent on getting you to do it right, that several small doses with some course time mixed in should be the right blend. I am lucky enough to be 60 miles away from Mike Jacobs, and I can go there for tweaking. But taking lessons from Brian shouldn't be a once in a lifetime event.

Yeah, not looking for a once in a lifetime event. This will be a start. Just limited on funds since I'm back in school. Eventually, I'd like 1 or twice a year. I'd DIE if I was 60 miles away. Very lucky wdking!!!!

How long a lesson????

it really doesnt matter what i think, just my personal opinion.

Brian i am sure is a good teacher, but of course "good" is in the swing of the beholder. Gas is 4 dollars a gallon, groceries are up up and away in price, and medicines are over the top, and home foreclosures are at an all-time high. We all of us are struggling one way or another.

Is brian going to help you?? of course he is, and you will leave their with a good feeling about golf. 3 hours plus gas..plus motel......probably about 800 dollars.....or more. I will say if you had extra spendable income go for it...but from a saving account??? your wife is being wonderful as most wives are, very nice. She is thinking of your happiness to be the best golfer you can be......so here is just a thought..l.as i said what i say doesn't mean anything to anyone but me anyway.... TAKE HER WITH YOU.....MAKE IT A LONG WEEKEND.....DO YOUR LESSON......TAKE HER TO DINNER....

Thats just my opinion.............but you said OMG, I think I'm gonna see Brian!!

its not Mecca ......its just a golf lesson.....

h

it really doesnt matter what i think, just my personal opinion.

Brian i am sure is a good teacher, but of course "good" is in the swing of the beholder. Gas is 4 dollars a gallon, groceries are up up and away in price, and medicines are over the top, and home foreclosures are at an all-time high. We all of us are struggling one way or another.

Is brian going to help you?? of course he is, and you will leave their with a good feeling about golf. 3 hours plus gas..plus motel......probably about 800 dollars.....or more. I will say if you had extra spendable income go for it...but from a saving account??? your wife is being wonderful as most wives are, very nice. She is thinking of your happiness to be the best golfer you can be......so here is just a thought..l.as i said what i say doesn't mean anything to anyone but me anyway.... TAKE HER WITH YOU.....MAKE IT A LONG WEEKEND.....DO YOUR LESSON......TAKE HER TO DINNER....

Thats just my opinion.............but you said OMG, I think I'm gonna see Brian!!

its not Mecca ......its just a golf lesson.....

h

No hotel, have tent. Have to go as cheaply as possible. Still trying to find a few days and then call Brian. BTW, she wouldn't want to go.

Burner

New
No hotel, have tent. Have to go as cheaply as possible. Still trying to find a few days and then call Brian. BTW, she wouldn't want to go.

Someone has to put the tent up and that is what the wife does whilst you concentrate on the golf.

Order her to go.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.