OMG, I think I'm gonna see Brian!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
reasonable expectations

Best of luck. If your budget is limited, I don't know a better way to spend it than lessons with Brian. Having said that, be reasonable with your expectations. I saw him for the first time about a year and a half ago. As he has posted, the first lesson was blowing up my old junk. I've taken some more lessons with him, put in a lot of range time, taken some lessons with Mike Jacobs, and I still struggle with some of the issues identified in the first lesson. I've still got a long way to go, but as a once a week player, I feel like I'm way ahead of where I ever could have gone on my own or with conventional instruction.

For what its worth, if the game is important to you, go see him. Split the time if you can. Ask questions, make notes and enjoy it. Unless you are one of the few who find the game easy, its a journey. The first session(s) are just the start.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I just got back from one of my best rounds ever with an 80. Can still get a lot better though. Blew up a few holes with horrible drives. You know, the ones you top and go 40 yards. I've never had a lesson in my life and figure I can only get better with some good ones. Thanks

hold on a minute

I want this post to come out right. i believe you said you could do 2 days if you were working?? I am lost, your not working, going to stay in a tent, and use money from a savings account.Let me help here. Brian is probably one of the best teachers in the country...he also has "attitude" now most times attitude is said as a negative, not here. Brian knows he is good and that confidence comes thru in a lesson.....He is going to break your arm..(what i mean here he is going to get rid of all bad habits). He then is going to reset the arm (giving you the pattern you need....) Then the process really begins, you need to be able to do the things he tells you. people HAVE ADVISED you get it you lose it its a constant........I want you to see Brian because of your passion.

if i had the money i would give it to you to fuel the passion.

i have seen and spoken with teachers all over the country........i am not sure if many people realize why he is good. Since i do i will share.........you go into a dr office and for 20 minutes you tell the dr whats wrong....20 minutes later the dr tells you the remedy.

except within the first 5 minutes a good dr alreay knew.......and so it goes for brian............he is set apart by quickness from others

hit 3 balls 3 golf balls 1, 2, 3,, and he will have it figured out

just please be aware of money.......well spent of course......just be careful.

THERE IS ONE MAJOR DOWN SIDE TO BRIANS TEACHING AND IN FAIRNESS YOU NEED TO KNOW......

HE SPEAKS CAJUN.......WHICH IS FINE IN BATON RUUUUUUUGE

SO WHEN HE WRITES SOMEthing FOR YOU TO DO.......for instance he might say if you want the ball to go right

it will be written if you want the ball to GEAUX RIGHT...GEEEZ

and the word.....ANYHOW= ANYWHOO

GET PAST THE LINGO AND YOUR O9N YOUR WAY TO BREAKING PAR

LOL.....JUST TEASING

HJACK

Last edited:
Correct, I'm not working. Wanted to focus on 2 things: family and school. I have 2 kids and they are only young once (2 and 6). I'd rather be frugal than miss time with my kids. It's been an adjustment but it's not too bad. Outside of family and school I have a deep passion for golf. This year has been the first year I've played a lot in almost 6 years. For the past several years I only got out around 4-6 times. I'm happy with my results so far and my mother-in-law was just told that I'm the "buzz" around the course. Only problem is that I'm not as good as advertised. :( I do have a decent game but there's lots to improve. My goal (which I believe is realistic) is to be the best golfer at my course, hopefully in a couple years. Hard work and lessons will hopefully make my goal a reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.