Phil playing a fade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hitting balls with Scott McCarron one time I notice he is drawing every shot. "You hit draws, huh?" "Nope. I try to hit about 90% of the shots on the range with a draw but I fade it on the course." "Why?" "It makes my fade on the course solid and soft. When I hit fades on the range I get swipey slices. I won't try a draw on the course till about the 6th hole. If it works I might try it again. If not, fades the rest of the day."
This true story has helped my better students and me--a LOT.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Hitting balls with Scott McCarron one time I notice he is drawing every shot. "You hit draws, huh?" "Nope. I try to hit about 90% of the shots on the range with a draw but I fade it on the course." "Why?" "It makes my fade on the course solid and soft. When I hit fades on the range I get swipey slices. I won't try a draw on the course till about the 6th hole. If it works I might try it again. If not, fades the rest of the day."

I've heard others say similar things....must be something to this

So I get home from work and turn on Golf Channel and they're re-running the Deutche pro-am. Sean O'Hair is talking to Gary Koch about his game and tells him that he's working on hitting fade drives because they 'fit his eye'. He also says he's working on reducing his right shoulder turn on the back swing, in his words keeping his right shoulder on the ball more, and coming through the swing more (a la DCGolf's comment above) to hit fades off the tee.

It should be interesting to see how Sean does this week esp. considering that a few minutes later in the telecast Frank Nobilo says that he course is set up for draws off the tee.

btp

New

I think that idea is brilliant. Keeps you from overdoing your feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.