stiff to x-flex...what a BIG difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they feel as butter soft as people claim?
To me, I wouldn't use the phrase "butter soft". It's more of a really solid, dense feeling. I can feel there's lots of "metal" in that little clubhead. The MP-37s felt softer, but no where near as solid.

I got to hit a bunch of clubs today at a demo day, including some clubs with KBS shafts for the first time.

I have been using either 5.5 or 6.0 Project X shafts. Today I got to hit a couple sets of irons with KBS Tour Stiff (5.5 equiv i think). I think those shafts are stellar, they feel a little softer/smoother than my rifle shafts but were going higher and further while still feeling very controlled. I really liked them. I also liked the Bridgestone j36 pocket cavity and cavity back irons pretty well, I may have to shelve my less forgiving irons even if they do look nicer (maybe go for a combo set from Bridgestone?).

There's been a huge amount of internet chat about Adams 9015 A4 driver. I can see why. It must be very low spin and launches low (a slightly open face?). I may not have quite high enough a swing speed to take full advantage of this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.