Swing Plane Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pixie: any guidlines to building such a board......pics would be great....
thanks much: Barry

quote:Originally posted by pixie

Practicing waist-high to waist-high on a plane board is excellent.

There are probably many ways to make a cheap plane board.
Hank Johnson's book contains a section on building your own plane board.

quote:Originally posted by hue

Has anyone made a Full length on the backswing board---with the follow thru side only to waist high?
---could use the 8x4 board with a PVC extension added on.....?

Has anyone actually made their own?

Get a piece of 8x4/6x3 ply/gyproc/other board. It does not have to be new. Rip a half circle in the middle of the top edge large enough not to interfere with your hands in the swing. Then prop the board up at the lie angle of the club and you have got yourself a plane board.

LSH

New
I have swing arc issues. I was wondering about the use of plane boards to trace the delivery path so I did a search and fond this thread. There appears to be mixed opinions of the use of plane baords but more pro than con.
I tried to click on the link in one of the posts that takes you to a how to build one but it did not work.
Does anyone have how to instructions on how to build one? The ones below are a little vague, at least to me!! Can they be made adjustable for use with different length clubs?

Brian, do you think the use of a plane board for half swings would be beneficial for me?

Steve

quote:Originally posted by dude

Interesting comments regarding plane boards. Plane board, full length, was arguably the number one tool used by Homer in writing TGM other than possibly the dictionary. I doubt if there are many here who truly grasp the importance of the plane or have experienced standing inside of one and the revelation they can have. Only probably a handful that can come close to feeling or getting correct something like a zero shift with a turned shoulder plane. With a full plane board, one would go, "WOW!"

Following is a quote from Homer in regards to plane boards that deals with only ONE item. Quote, "If you have never stood in an incline plane with a hole in it and move a club on it, you cannot believe that it goes through the waist and that the right shoulder stays right on that same plane. The right shoulder stays on the same plane as the clubshaft and hands for quite a ways. It should be on the same plane until after impact. From the top through start down, the right shoulder should stay on plane as that of the hands. It is inconceivable to most people until they stand inside an inclined plane.

Now, back under my rock I go. ;):)

Thanks

golfingrandy

Randy~ As in your quotation, the book definition for Inclined Plane refers to a "through the waist" location. Ben Doyle also uses this description. My confusion is that I see this location as too flat an angle for the right shoulder to reach or move on. Obviously, I am missing something. Can you provide any help?

Thanks

DRW

Status
Not open for further replies.