The pivot controlled hands swing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdog

New
Brian....this statement "First of all this IN SYNC stuff is SO MUCH BULL..." i dont undrstannd!!
Maybe i get it if you said "First of all this IN SYNC stuff is SO MUCH BULL...UNLESS YOU USE PIVOT CONTROLED HANDS."
I can see where if you let your arms and hands end up where the pivot takes them, they would indeed HAVE to be in sync to hit the shot your trying to hit. Example: body pivots so fast hands cant keep up, there for your face is extremely open and you saw the shot off.

Hands controled pivot-if one TRULY does this then they would HAVE to be in sync because the pivot is taking them where you are directing the hands to go.
Am i understanding correctly????

cdog:

If my understanding of Hands Controlled Pivot is correct, the hands move and the pivot reacts, the pivot doesn't take the hands where you are directing them too.

I think this "In Synch" is a bit of a vogue word. An essential in TGM is Rythm, that is keeping the parts moving at a steady rate, obviously the hands/pivot will move at different rates.

quote:Originally posted by densikat

cdog:

If my understanding of Hands Controlled Pivot is correct, the hands move and the pivot reacts, the pivot doesn't take the hands where you are directing them too.

I think this "In Synch" is a bit of a vogue word. An essential in TGM is Rythm, that is keeping the parts moving at a steady rate, obviously the hands/pivot will move at different rates.

I think I have discovered a way for a person to feel the difference between the Pivot controlled hands and the Hands controlled pivot! Please note I said "think." If wrong, so be it.

!st. I must clarify a few things. I am a swinger, pull everything through the shot and must consciously (maybe better stated, "am aware of) my leading arm blasting off my chest. I have always had a much slower than average backswing pace.

Maintaining a slow back swing I have a hands controlled pivot and can feel my shoulders following before my hands reach my trailing knee and my weight starts noticeably shifting rearward at this time.

If I use a pivot controlled hands backswing my arms seem to trail the pivot and, for loss of a better term, I get out of "synch". My hands and arms trace a much flatter backswing plane and my transition sucks.

Nothing technical here, just that even though I am a hyper, type A person, normally do most everything quickly, I can not execute an effective swing unless I use a pace contrary to my natural pace.

cdog

New
Densikat, i agree with your hands controled pivot explanation, with a TRUE hands controled pivot, you can't be out of sync. I do disagree in that the pivot MUST transport your hands to where they want to go even with a hands controled pivot, they cant move there by themselves.

However with a pivot controled hands, you can get out of sync,it used to plague me...my body much to fast for my arm/hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.