You gotta love these guys....

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Snead's last book, he did indicate he felt it important that the shaft was identical at impact to its angle from the ground at address. He never said the body would be in the same position at address and impact. To be fair to Flick, I read the tip to make the clubshaft be at the same angle at impact and address, similar to Snead.

Always thought this was a V gap?

Picture1.png

Feature article in this months GD has an article on downcocking, or float loading, re-named as the "V-Gap". I love it. Lets reinvent the wheel a hundred more times and take credit for a "discovery".

Not hating...just struck me as really funny.

Kevin, what is really fascinating is that if you read the entire article and look at the "proof" Mcclown (sic) presents, he actually disproves his claim. Since we are told the V-Gap is the PRIMARY determinant of power, and page two shows a nice, progressive relationship between V-Gap and distance how is it that the following events occurred when the page is turned :

1) Sergio Garcia with his vaunted V-Gap of 83.5 must hammer the ball past poor old Vijay Singh with his pathetic little V-Gap of 50. He sure does, all of 2.9 yards. Since I suspect if you went into the internals of driving distance stats, 2.9 yards would not even be statistically significant, this is indeed unique "research." :rolleyes:

2) Fred Couples who can "only" manage a V-Gap of 74.6, must suffer some loss of distance versus Sergio's 83.5. Oops, Couples hits the ball essentially the same distance, if anything, a little further. :eek:

At the very best, GD needs to hire a new editor. I also found it quite ironic that Fred Couples would be used as an example of the importance of a backswing versus downswing relationship to support this vital "research." :confused:

I was at a golf show here in Pittsburgh 2 years ago and Hank Haney gave a talk. During the Q & A he was asked about writing articles for GD. He was pretty up-front about it and said there are only so many ways you can write about how not to slice, or how not to hit it thin, etc. So ANYBODY who writes ANYTHING that is the least bit different will get published. He used the Stack & Tilt stuff as his example, as well as the no swing backswing and some other non-mainstream stuff. I suspect the V-Gap may fit into this category.

Looks like TROYNYGOLFER nailed the author!

Status
Not open for further replies.