A couple more mistakes in The Golfing Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Science (from the Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge") is an enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations"

It's all about measuring - #s do not lie - Trackman et al.

Now the fact that golf is a sport played by humans of all different shapes ,size,age ,etc.
Tons of variables involved in the complete swing.
The variables complicate the correct "moment of truth" =Impact

The way I take it is we all need to find "our " correct moment & figure out how to consistanly duplicate.
Many different paths to the goal .But some just make more sense !

greenfree

Banned
not at all, its a very fair question and BM's response made sense. I think though it seems like there is a very clear agenda towards TGM in this search for the truth......which makes me wonder is it the truth or the agenda that drives the opinion.

The agenda is to find scientific truths if possible and if there's casualities like in TGM or whatever method that's the way it is.

If you are for real can you send one to me while you're at it...?

Assuming it was a rip at least Mcfadden posts under his real name...

(probably)

The best way to counter agendas are with the truth.

I agree that truth is relative and that means it can be whatever you want it to be.

Unfortunately, the masses are easily led because they aren't capable of knowing the difference between fact and fiction.

One of the reasons that I don't write as many technical posts as I used to is that for me to answer one question, I have to presume pre-existing knowledge. It's very difficult to prove anything logically without writing something that resembles a thesis because most things cannot be described introspectively. Besides, if you do answer something completely, people don't understand it anyway.

I agree that truth is relative and that means it can be whatever you want it to be.

Unfortunately, the masses are easily led because they aren't capable of knowing the difference between fact and fiction.

One of the reasons that I don't write as many technical posts as I used to is that for me to answer one question, I have to presume pre-existing knowledge. It's very difficult to prove anything logically without writing something that resembles a thesis because most things cannot be described introspectively. Besides, if you do answer something completely, people don't understand it anyway.

You know the old saying: Know your audience.

I like the concept of starting with the basics and building from there. You make sure the definitions you are going to use are crystal clear, the newbies need the basics, and the vets feel good about knowing something and want to hear more.

You can judge a lot how the message is getting across by the questions you get back.

Sounds like you have something unique to share, I'd encourage you to do so.

With technical things, the full message rarely gets through on the first crack, but you got to start somewhere :)

Brian Manzella

Administrator
An important person in the golf instruction business right now is YOU!

Matthew,

You have a chance to have your own chapter in the book that will be written one day about how REAL SCIENCE replaced FAUX SCIENCE in golf instruction.

Please tell us your findings about the flaws in TGM from your pioneering 3D work. We will contribute to your favorite charity.

Here is your shot—the time is NOW!

Matthew,

You have a chance to have your own chapter in the book that will be written one day about how replaced FAUX SCIENCE in golf instruction.

Please tell us your findings about the flaws in TGM from your pioneering 3D work. We will contribute to your favorite charity.

Here is your shot—the time is NOW!

I have recently been writing something which I will finish in time. :D

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Very Interesting....

Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals....

1. Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.
2. Never go outside the experience of your people.
3. Whenever possible go outside the experience of the enemy.
4. Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules.
5. Ridicule is mans most potent weapon.
6. A good tactic is one that your people enjoy.
7. A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.
8. Keep the pressure on with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.
9. The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.
10. The major premise of tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition.
11. If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside.
12. The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.
13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it and polarize it.

It is VERY obvious to me, that this book is part of the playlist of the defenders of the indefensible.

I agree. Or at least they need to work on developing what capability they have. Unfortunately for some people it may take lots of work. Too many people content to just be led around...not looking on their own...

http://www.brianmanzella.com/forum/golfing-discussions/14131-couple-more-mistakes-gol

Science is never right. That is the nature of science. It remains open to change if the empirical data warrant the acceptance of change. That’s what makes it scientific and not a matter of faith or belief. Geocentrism had a lot longer run than than TGM and Galileo spent his life under house arrest for disproving it.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Science is never right. That is the nature of science. It remains open to change if the empirical data warrant the acceptance of change. That’s what makes it scientific and not a matter of faith or belief. Geocentrism had a lot longer run than than TGM and Galileo spent his life under house arrest for disproving it.

Exactly what are you trying to say?

Really...

There is science and there is science. I think it is a loaded term and there is a risk that people read science as "fact". Theories can be proved wrong.

The old ball flight rules were a theory. They were taught as fact. New technology allowed them to be challenged and refuted by new theories with objective data to back them up.

Without this becoming a philosophical debate or a matter of semantics, I think we know what Brian means when he says "science" and people taking a scientific approach to golf should be praised.

Status
Not open for further replies.