What part of this don't you understand.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
The double-pendulum model is "joke"? It was the standard in scientific golf research for 30 years and is still very valid today. And just because your fancy machines can measure torques on the grip or wherever does NOT mean that the force powering those torques emanate from the wrists. Put PingMan in your lab. We know there is no torque applied directly to its' "hands", yet I'm sure you could measure a bunch, right?

You have no idea about Ping Man and what they have to do to it so it doesn't hit a 100 yard slice, do you?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Nothing "wrong" with a double-p....it can show you WHERE is a good time TO PUT torque on the club and what might happen if you don't.

Sorry bud, but the forefront is now RIGHT HERE...get used to it.

You have no idea about Ping Man and what they have to do to it so it doesn't hit a 100 yard slice, do you?

There is no need for power applied directly to the hinge connecting club and arm in swing robots, yet they "release" the club. Since the same physical laws apply to robots and humans alike, the golfer need not apply a torque actively with his wrists to cause the clubhead to rotate around his hands. You said this is wrong. Are you saying that the golfer should be or is always actively bending the wrists to release the club as opposed to allowing the bending of the wrists to be a passive movement, triggered by active movements of other body parts?

Last edited:
There is no need for power applied directly to the hinge connecting club and arm in swing robots, yet they "release" the club. Since the same physical laws apply to robots and humans alike, the golfer need not apply a torque actively with his wrists to cause the clubhead to rotate around his hands. You said this is wrong. Are you saying that the golfer should be or is always actively bending the wrists to release the club as opposed to allowing the bending of the wrists to be a passive movement, triggered by active movements of other body parts?

That's the idea that ruined golf instruction for decades. Sorry bud, but you're way out of touch.

ZAP

New
I am looking forward to seeing the measurements and seeing how they apply to getting the club to the ball.

That's the idea that ruined golf instruction for decades. Sorry bud, but you're way out of touch.

Its not an idea. Its a fact. Simple science proven by MANY scientists. Do you actually read/study any of the research that has been done on the golf swing?

BTW, U still a Stage 5 Flipper?

So, you really don't know how PING MAN works...correct?

Clearly not as well as you do. But I do know that there a swing robots which have a hinge connecting arm to club which is free. No torque is applied to that hinge to create the release of the clubhead around it except at the upper arm. Could you please confirm or deny this? Finally?

Which part would apply wrist torque or something on the left wrist? The left wrist itself, or would the left wrist just "accept" or "receive" the torque?

Its not an idea. Its a fact. Simple science proven by MANY scientists. Do you actually read/study any of the research that has been done on the golf swing?

BTW, U still a Stage 5 Flipper?

Haha, love it.

Nope, I'm a shit hot ball striker!

BTW, U still in GRADE 5? LMAO

Gamma=left wrist torque, correct?

What for? To close/release the club?

Couldn't that be done via hips-trigerred-torqued pivot rotation? And just let the left wrist joint be just a joint??

no....geezz....

>1000° per second near impact

How do you do the Gamma? Wouldn't pushing the base of right palm on the big knuckle of left thumb automativally lock the left wrist into flat or bowed, thus twisting the shaft without impeding the speed of the roll of the left wrist?

How do you do the Gamma? Wouldn't pushing the base of right palm on the big knuckle of left thumb automativally lock the left wrist into flat or bowed, thus twisting the shaft without impeding the speed of the roll of the left wrist?

LOL.

Tapio?

Interesting thread.

I'm no pro but I've shot par a few times, and feel like I'm hitting it better than ever by using no active wrist action. As Todd himself mentioned I feel the body action/pivot drives the release.

My own personal theory/feeling is as the hands reach the low point the slow down caused by gravity acting as a break on the hands as they work upwards again releases the club.

So I am in the Todd camp here, and wish you guys would be a little more condescending on those who have not got the time to keep up with the latest research nor are familiar with the inner workings of pingman.

I for one will always check this place out from time to time as it has taught me so much, but I do yearn for bygone days when knowledge was shared more freely and with less attitude.

Brian could be more straightforward and less cryptic in his responses to Todd.

Obviously Brian has done the hours and I trust he knows his stuff, it's understandable he doesn't just want to give up the knowledge he has grafted so hard to get.

But it does make me wonder why this forum exists anymore.

As for Wulsy, quit LOLING and add some value sometime...

Bottom line.
How should we torque our wrists to hit it further? ...and are the performance gains in speed worth it over accuracy losses due to the increased difficulty timing those torques.

Cheers!

Interesting thread.

I'm no pro but I've shot par a few times, and feel like I'm hitting it better than ever by using no active wrist action. As Todd himself mentioned I feel the body action/pivot drives the release.

My own personal theory/feeling is as the hands reach the low point the slow down caused by gravity acting as a break on the hands as they work upwards again releases the club.

So I am in the Todd camp here, and wish you guys would be a little more condescending on those who have not got the time to keep up with the latest research nor are familiar with the inner workings of pingman.

I for one will always check this place out from time to time as it has taught me so much, but I do yearn for bygone days when knowledge was shared more freely and with less attitude.

Brian could be more straightforward and less cryptic in his responses to Todd.

Obviously Brian has done the hours and I trust he knows his stuff, it's understandable he doesn't just want to give up the knowledge he has grafted so hard to get.

But it does make me wonder why this forum exists anymore.

As for Wulsy, quit LOLING and add some value sometime...

Bottom line.
How should we torque our wrists to hit it further? ...and are the performance gains in speed worth it over accuracy losses due to the increased difficulty timing those torques.

Cheers!

Obviously you didn't read this. icsl.gatech.edu/aa/images/f/ff/SPE.pdf

Makes me wonder if you keep up on the research? ...LOL! Also in Wulsy's defence when you read a post that's so obviously ridiculous what reaction does that emit from a person...I'm thinking Wulsy had the appropiate reaction which is laughter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.