What part of this don't you understand.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did actually.

I chose not to point out that it is based on a double pendulum model which Brian mentioned earlier was not valid.

Also, it talks about PW (passive wrists), PAW (passive active wrists) and NW (natural) and suggests to me that there may be something here, which was why I asked how you should actually do it and to open the debate up to whether it was worth it.

My bottom line point, how to do it and is it worth it is still unanswered.

Appreciate your response though.

Well I posted that because Todd cited the double p. model. Also I don't think Brian said that model was not valid. More that it is incomplete and has a circular hand path which no one has so it can do some things but isn't going to give you the answers you need in regards to this subject. His exact statement is ..."Nothing "wrong" with a double-p....it can show you WHERE is a good time TO PUT torque on the club and what might happen if you don't."

I believe the golfer puts forces and torques on the club whether they think/feel they do or not. People who think all they have to do is nothing and the pivot will take care of everything including squaring the face are fooling themselves...it's a myth!

Because I think I don't doesn't mean I don't it means I think I don't! and because I think I do doesn't mean I do it just means I think I do. That's why the scientific testing is of so much value.... no more guessing!

Last edited:
Is that a No? I'm asking a legitimate question here.

If you guys would answer properly with corresponding explanations, the new readers would understand your concepts and start a meaningful interest to learn on your methods.

Why can't you do that and be responsive for once?

I see Brian's video saying you twist the club/shaft, that's Gamma. Wouldn't that impede the left wrist joint's speed? It would close the face, that's obvious, but wouldn't the speed loss cancel out the benefits of more release?

Because when you exert something on the left wrist using the left wrist itself, there's going to be speed loss. Measuring equipment could easily determine if this is true.

So why not just help the release, instead of left wrist twist, by opening hips more, so you can open the shoulders more, get ball more forward more, consequently you can have the clubface square more by impact?

Gotta have a shallow AoA and longer arc or DTLish clubhead travel though.

Status
Not open for further replies.