Badds and Price pictures...

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:Originally posted by Mathew

I find the sequence of Nick Price very interesting and a bit disappointing. I think of Nick Price I thought of picture perfect sequence of shots like I have of him when he was younger (pre-lead/junk). I see he's not toe up at first parallel like lead teaches, perhaps that will be the next spanner lead will throw into the cog. I really prefered his swing pre-lead.

Badds again like many good players (but not realising their full potential) has some throwaway at impact but in general a very good swing.

Mat? First, the toe slightly closed at parallel, as in the Price seq Red posted, is of course classic Homer. It is the natural position the clubface takes when bending the right wrist on takeaway. We know that, pardon.

But... I hope you aren't talking about about Prices PreLead swing found in his swing book? I haven't seen a preswing seq of him other then that one.

I know not many of us are Lead fans, but I think he did a reasonable job with Nick. NIck, of course is his own best coach, and could teach rings around Lead anyday.

Take care , Mat

Redgoat.. thanks for the clips as requested!

Mathew, get a life.. Lead made Price and Faldo the major winners they became. Both have publically credited him with that. Just look at the stable: Pak, Price, Els, Faldo, Badds, Howell.. The only teaching pro in his league is Butch. Have you ever met him? Have you ever talked to a pro that has worked with him? Ever taken a clinic there? Then shut up.. Cracks me up how many people on this board just claim "throwaway" because they don't know what they are talking about...

quote:Originally posted by McDuff

Mathew, get a life.. Lead made Price and Faldo the major winners they became. Both have publically credited him with that. Just look at the stable: Pak, Price, Els, Faldo, Badds, Howell.. The only teaching pro in his league is Butch. Have you ever met him? Have you ever talked to a pro that has worked with him? Ever taken a clinic there? Then shut up.. Cracks me up how many people on this board just claim "throwaway" because they don't know what they are talking about...

Leadbetter was never Els teacher, Leadbetter learned a few things from Els not the other way around. Els doesn't fit the mold of a Leadbetter clone. Yes there are friends, Els did a few GC shows as a favor. Baker might be more of a coach to Els then Lead.

No one has to 'shut up." Bet you yell at your kids like that or gf.

Mathew

Banned
quote:
But... I hope you aren't talking about about Prices PreLead swing found in his swing book? I haven't seen a preswing seq of him other then that one.

No, that one book I don't have his book in my collection. But picked up a book in a second hand jumble sale which I bought for a whole £1 that was really old (funnily enough also advocating Nicklaus'es reverse C) and just a pity can't find it just now - I think its in my mums flat in storage - and had a swing of him with really bushy hair and those goofy golf shoes, looking very young indeed....

The next time I visit my mum ill go and get it out of the big box of stuff still there...lol... take a picture and see what you think...

6bee1dee, you are such a moron, I'm not even going to respond to you but.. for the benefit of the other members of the board, here are the facts:

Lead trained Baker. Els worked with Lead and Baker when Baker worked for Lead. Baker left Lead to go out on his own and Els went with Baker but stills sees Lead for time to time...

Mathew

Banned

Hmmmm ok.....

I am alive and have a life. I have been through alot which you don't have the first clue and only have seen the surface of through some of my posts, because of that I am so extremely grateful for everyday of my life. The only waste of life is the writing your message - for what ? Do you think your somewhat bettered yourself for it ?

Don't ever tell someone to shut up, everybody here is entitled to an opinion and just because you don't agree with a view, you NEVER tell anyone to quieten. That is called oppression... - This is a discussion board and I will not and can not ever silence my opinions or anyone elses and I will say what im thinking and the truth no matter whether it makes me popular or not, there is enough BS in the world without me adding to it.

Who exactly do you think you are that you come here and tell me im not allowed to share my views ?

6bee1dee, you are such a moron, I'm not even going to respond to you but.. for the benefit of the other members of the board, here are the facts:

Lead trained Baker. Els worked with Lead and Baker when Baker worked for Lead. Baker left Lead to go out on his own and Els went with Baker but stills sees Lead for time to time...

Then I am right, its Baker , not Lead. He sees Lead as a friend never as a coach. And plz don't respond, you can't read.

quote:Originally posted by 6bee1dee

Then I am right, its Baker , not Lead. He sees Lead as a friend never as a coach. And plz don't respond, you can't read.
Els has been back with Leadbetter (as his coach) for a while now.

ernie_andLead_reduced.jpg

quote:Originally posted by ragman

Coaches everywhere in this world list any tour player that hit balls at their place as a student. I know Els and Lead have a relationship but calling Lead his coach goes beyond that. Even David Lee of Gravity fame thinks he coached chi chi, freddie and jack, but did he really?

Els has a natural swing, Lead never screwed with it.

Coaches everywhere in this world list any tour player that hit balls at their place as a student. I know Els and Lead have a relationship but calling Lead his coach goes beyond that. Even David Lee of Gravity fame thinks he coached chi chi, freddie and jack, but did he really?

In the October GD, Ernie Els himself said, "David Leadbetter has helped me tighten my swing over the years."

You can accept the fact that they work together or stay in denial...doesn't matter to me.

I think Price looks great in that series of photos. He's perfect at the top, perfect just before impact. He uses his body to swing the club. You may not like that style, but you can't argue with his ball striking and his record. BTW, the clubface isn't closed halfway back- it's parallel to his spine angle. And Leadbetter doesn't teach toe up, at least these days.

Mathew, do you really prefer Price's swing pre-Lead, with his locked right knee, too steep of a backswing, reverse pivot, lift the left foot too much, big-time slide, flip the hands and reverse-C finish? Sorry, there's nothing "natural" about that funky disco move. Even Price admits that his early swing was a contrived compilation of things that he'd picked up from books and by watching what was "fashionable" during his youth. There's so many moving parts and compensations there that I"m surprised he kept in the yard at all. Not to mention the strain on your lower back, neck and hip joints.

If Price had kept that swing, we would not even be talking about him today. Whatever you think of Lead, he made lots of good changes to Nick's swing, and the record proves it.

hue

New
quote:Originally posted by southpaw

I think Price looks great in that series of photos. He's perfect at the top, perfect just before impact. He uses his body to swing the club. You may not like that style,
southpaw, Brian, Brady and others: Is the Price motion a pivot controlled hands swing IYO?

Originally posted by McDuff

In the October GD, Ernie Els himself said, "David Leadbetter has helped me tighten my swing over the years."

You can accept the fact that they work together or stay in denial...doesn't matter to me.

I don’t think it is a case of denial, as much as it is a case of where we draw the line on what is a coach. I can easily put Faldo, Price, Howell, Tryon, Rose, Aree and Naree in the Leadbetter camp. I do draw a line with Els because it isn’t a Leadbetter style swing that the others have. Els is self taught, he has a unique natural swing that is one of a kind. Am sure Els is looked at Leadbetter when their paths cross. Is Brian Toms coach or is Atkins Toms coach? Same situation. Do you see what I am saying? Just trying to keep it friendly with you Rag, I enjoy your posts. McDuff on the other, I respect your opinion, hahaha. It is easy to shout and hide on the internet. hahahaha

Hue, Nick claims that he uses his shoulders to take the club back, and his body to get back to the ball, which I guess would make it a pivot-controlled hands swing. But it could just as well be hand controlled pivot on the backswing and pivot controlled hands on the downswing (no hands there). As Ragman said, it's a great, low-maintenance move. Pretty hard to miss fairways with that swing.

As for the assertion that Leadbetter isn't a coach... I don't agree, and without trying to canonize Lead, I can tell you that nobody stays in business this long by selling a "one size fits all" approach. I'm sure that he tailors his instruction to the various individual players and what they bring to him. You cannot tell me that Trevor Immelman swings the same as Badds, or that Els swings the same as Justin Rose. I've seen and analyzed all these players on video, and I can tell you that there are small but fundamental differences between each player. The assertion that there is one "Leadbetter" mold is bunk. Yeah, he over-hypes and over-markets himself, and it's easy to hate him because of that, but don't think that he isn't just as much of a coach as Harmon. Jim Flick, on the other hand...

As far as what Leadbeatter worked on with Els? Lessening his leg action a bit early on, then later working on Els' habit of laying the club off at the top. Not very much at all as compared to Faldo and Price (no question that Els brought a lot to the table to start with)... but stuff, nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.