Ben Doyle Famous Sayings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
Come on all you G.O.L.F. fans lets all post our favourite Bentley Doyle'ism.

One of my favourites is '' Wow blackout, downstrke blackout, holy, holy,holy!

''Get your mind back in your hands!"

What are yours guys?

"Don't overaccelerate"
"Shoot, hold and rest"
"Sit and tilt"
"Don't add"
"Concentration point, punch press"
"Eyes on inside-aft, mind in the hands"
"Houston, we have a problem!"

the list goes on...

I sometimes wonder whether you can give a lesson pretending to be Ben Doyle knowing very little about golf. There is a list of at least 50 Doyle'isms that applies to 98% of all students that you can just rattle off when giving a lesson. Say it in a soft murmuring tone...and keep saying the same things until the student gets it...don't compliment with anything more than "that's negotiable"...then you'll become Ben Doyle!

After spending 1,5 of my 3 days with Ben the following happened: I had just made a full driver swing - obviously in the sand trap. He got so excited he forgot to clear the lip of the bunker as he rocketed from the sand towards the video recorder. Caused him to fall over rather violently. Did not phaze him. He was up on his feet in a split second and rushed to the video recorder.

Moments later he said:

- Good. I can see 24 components now.

I watched a Mike Tyson fight at his house in about 90 and he kept saying, "watch Tyson just get in there and DEAL WITH IT". The next day we worked on routine and just dealing with it.
Non Ex!

rwh

New
"Your hands are like two Austrailian sheep dogs. If you don't train them, they'll kill all your sheep."

"What you load is what you dump."

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
Bbbbbasicallly,
I'll put rocks in your brasier (that's the only risque' thing I will ever say to the ladies that don't bend from the waist).
Sitting on a potty,
ssoooo dissappoineted,
never back up, never bounce back,
an actor always faces the cammera.

I agree with RBM:

No, No, No.

Think all the time, no wasted motions, everything you do on the practice tee has a purpose.

When you move the balls to hit, keep your right wrist bent, don't just bat the balls around, maintain lag as you move the balls into position.

After you've made the shot you are spent, just let the club drop.

Your muscles are just thoughts in action.

:)

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Hey Mike,

Don't you ever wish these guys would say who they are and not hide behind screennames?

Ben Doyle in person is easily understandable 1 on 1, and when he is PROPERLY miked, 1 on 67,987.

Ben is a gentleman through and through. Some may have disagreements on how he teaches, but that should not translate into what kind of person he is. I had a lesson with him and heard every word he spoke.....................

Playa,
Would you rather listen to an articulate baffoon who doesn't know what he is talking about or a quiet "wise" gentleman who cares more about helping you than the buffoon ever would.

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
I understand Ben clearly, sometimes because he is quiet and softtly spoken ''I have to listen harder'' as Ben would say.

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
Bens lessons always went something like this:

Cant drive a tack cant drive a spike, cant bake a cup cake cant bake a cake. Chip, chip-pitch, pitch, classy punch, transfer punch 2 3rd swivel(no,no,no,no I asked for 2 3rd swivel not 50% swivel do it again and show me 2 3rd swivel) Full swing. hold rest. He would hit ball right behind me (who needs a V1 split screen?)

Okay lets take a look at those swings come over to my cart( Ben would shuffle over to the cart) and then sometimes I would here 'darn, darn ,darn darn it' I would say whats wrong Ben : I didnt have the cammera set up at the right angle and his split screen was'nt quite precise enough. So we would have to start all over and 'I had to do it right!
I love ever lesson I have with Ben and after incubation period I learn so much everytime 'always upgrading".

Status
Not open for further replies.