Ben Doyle Famous Sayings

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Bad lies are all good lie" something like that..... I might had got it wrong, it would be nice if Mr. Doyle can speak up a little bit. And I think the incubation period that he meant is about 20 years....Anyway, the hardest part about golf is just the first 20 years.....

Ben is a soft talker and sometimes in a large group can be hard to hear and understand. But in small groups and one on one I got his message loud and clear. Ben continually strived for perfection in the golfer's swing and worked as hard as the student too attain that perfection. At Canton, RBaumgolf and I worked for an hour straight with Ben in the trap and had no problem understanding him. Ben did not let any imperfections escape his attention and had us repeat chipping drills over and over until we got them right before we could work on pitches. At the end of an hour, we were totally spent. Ben then sent us to the driving range to bring up two more students. Ben spent 6 hours working with two students at a time, never losing any enthusiasm or toleration for imperfections and always striving for perfection. At the end of the first day with Ben I considered myself a motor moron, but the next 2 days Ben continued to work with me and I eventually started to get it, through his efforts as much as mine. He has a wealth of knowledge and I consider myself fortunate to get to spend time and learn from him.[8D]

How you are you doing little John! What's big John Up to? Is he mashing it? What can I do for you pro? or Come here Pro!

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
Ben loves asking questions only he knows the answer to:
What's the definition of grace he asked? I answered rythm all components moving at the same RPM. He would then say 'oh thats a good answer but not quite correct'. Eventually I would give up trying and say okay Ben wHAT'S the definition of grace? He would also say "LAAAAW" law of the tringle law of the lever law of the incline plane.

Here's a whole phone lesson full of Ben's quotes from 1997 -

MJ I'm hitting everything left with no power.

Ben What are you trying to do?

MJ Uh...compress the ball?

Ben No, what are you trying to do?

MJ Get more lag?

Ben No, what are you trying to do?

MJ Flat left wrist?

Ben NO, what are you trying to DO?

MJ Uh......................

Ben Hit the inside aft quadrant!

MJ Oh, yeah that too!

Ben OK, "click".....dial tone

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
My favorite quote is: "That's a keeper" He says that a lot to me NOW.

Another one. "Where are you guys going?"
To Big Sur to wtach the sunset.
"No you aren't. You're going to watch the Earth rotate"
Sharp this Ben guy is.

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
The didnt rise the earth moves - the illusions of the material senses

It looks way forward lean but its not- impact v address impact misery

Status
Not open for further replies.