Ben Doyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:Originally posted by Eagletau

Ernest Jones, a teacher of some repute, and a one-legged golfer, the other being shot-off in the first catastrophe of last century, emphasised that the hands are great leaders but poor followers.

The body is there for support. It may do a lot of things but it is a terrible leader, and I maintain has not the longevity of a hands-based swing.

By the way Mr Jones was able to get around in close to par, on one leg.
What else was Mr. Jones going to do?

The swing is a different animal with one leg...

quote:Posted by Ragman

A different animal? Is that so?

I thought the club or clubhead is swung, not the legs.

The point is not so much with what was happening with Mr Jones but to beware of the body or "transfer case" (sounds like jargon for the tools of a money launderer), and keep it in its secondary role or have a very strong back - especially in the L5 region - no herniated or damaged disk cover matter - six pack abs etc - you know, Ragman, just your average hacker physique.

quote:Originally posted by Eagletau

quote:Posted by Ragman

A different animal? Is that so?
You can't shift you center on gravity...

quote:I thought the club or clubhead is swung, not the legs.
The clubhead is swung. Not primarily.

How do you utilize centrifugal force to the fullest by swinging your arms (and hopefully your body follows)?

quote:The point is not so much with what was happening with Mr Jones but to beware of the body or "transfer case" (sounds like jargon for the tools of a money launderer),
SHOW me where I have tried to sell something for my personal benefit. Please share.

quote:and keep it in its secondary role or have a very strong back - especially in the L5 region - no herniated or damaged disk cover matter - six pack abs etc
Why was Mike Austin able to STILL blast drives over 300 yards in his 70's?

I think his kinesiology correct swing was pretty good. You?

Do you know WHY so many players have back problems?
quote:- you know, Ragman, just your average hacker physique.
Hacker physique?

There is NO hacker physique. Your ignorance is bliss with your dumbfounded statements.

Oh yeah, my abs are fine.

Brian,
How similar is what you teach to what Ben teaches? Assume I learned Mr. Doyle's stroke pattern as he likes it, what would you change?

Ragman

Calm down. I was only disagreeing with you.

Jargon is jargon - the reference to "money laundering & transfer case" was only a black/ironic/tired reference in a world full of jargon and buzz words.

I really don't know what to say but I will not resile from my thesis that concentration on the body or pivot has ruined many a poor back.

My tone is ironic. To swing with the body, you need to be in great shape - that was my reference, not your shape, dear Ragman. I was referring to the fitness levels of your average once a week golfer.

Harvey Pennick predicted it would be a problem with Tiger, eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.