Best Female Swings Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJO

New
Annika has to be in there. I wasn't alive but from what I've seen/testimony from Harvey Penick, Mickey Wright should be in there. I always quite liked Se Ri Pak's swing when she was playing well but not sure if she had much power.

Mickey Wright without question. Maybe even for both male and female pro's past and present. A thing of beauty, power, and grace. Long and accurate and alway in balance. Not just in the opinion of Penick, but others such as Jackie Burke as well.

ggsjpc

New
Just hard to compete with this...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_zpzw1bwF7U&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_zpzw1bwF7U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SJO

New
Wow. I love that move. She has a bit of a Hogan like float load with big extension on the way through. Def. better than Se Ri!

Helen.......do not know the last name. But I saw her on some of Ben Doyle's old teaching tapes. You can still rent them from ben. I think it is simply known as the "helen tape".
great swing.

Best Swing

Babe Zaharias the best athlete with the most dynamic and powerful swing.(Three US Opens) Mickey Wright, the best swing that consistently won the best tournaments. Annika the best player. Patty Berg, the best overachiever. Kathy Whitworth had the best grip.(Ask her teacher).;)
MK

Mickey Wright has as good a swing anyone, male or female. Hogan agreed with this by the way. I also think Beth Daniel had a great soft draw type swing. Slight cross of the line at the top, strong draw shot, great tempo.

jeffy

Banned
Mickey and Vicky (Hurst) have my vote.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6289Vt9ggc[/media]

Gardner Dickinson's second wife, LPGA player Judy, had a swing that many admired (I think Nicklaus said it was the best female swing he'd seen), but I doubt any footage is available.

Babe Zaharias the best athlete with the most dynamic and powerful swing.(Three US Opens) Mickey Wright, the best swing that consistently won the best tournaments. Annika the best player. Patty Berg, the best overachiever. Kathy Whitworth had the best grip.(Ask her teacher).;)
MK

haha the babe... her course is just around the corner from my place, lots of sneeking on after hours there when I was younger... Woody Austin and Ruji Imada both come from this course.

I dont care what you guys say, Im a fan of pressels swing, even if it doesnt produce power... at all...

on the flip side of that... I cant stand watching LoCho swing... I think shes going to top it every time... (sorry selfy)

I do NOT want to start a whole discussion on it, but Zaharias' follow through and finish did look a bit S&T-ish to me.

3JACK

Found this yesterday and made some still pics of it. Brigette Varagot, what a swing!

Varagot+1.jpg

Varagot+2.jpg

Varagot+3.jpg

Varagot+4.jpg

Varagot+5.jpg

Varagot+6.jpg

Varagot+7.jpg

Varagot+8.jpg

3JACK

Status
Not open for further replies.