Best Female Swings Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJO

New
I don't understand how Mickey can hit the fairway without getting her caddie to line her up. Amazing!

Mickey Wright was an amazing player and had a awesome swing BUT......

the Babe (Zaharis) is in a different league to any of them in terms of sheer athletisim. Not only did she win 8 majors but she also won 2 gold medals at the 32 Olympics, Javelin and Long jump and 1 silver for the 800 meters. What an athlete. I can't recall any other women in any sport ever doing that.

Twitch

Mickey Wright was an amazing player and had a awesome swing BUT......

the Babe (Zaharis) is in a different league to any of them in terms of sheer athletisim. Not only did she win 8 majors but she also won 2 gold medals at the 32 Olympics, Javelin and Long jump and 1 silver for the 800 meters. What an athlete. I can't recall any other women in any sport ever doing that.

Pretty amazing accomplishments and consider she won the women's open(her last major) 8 months after major surgery for her battle with cancer. She was probably the most gifted athlete to play golf at the highest level ever.
MK

No doubt that the Babe was the most gifted athlete to ever play in the LPGA as witnessed by her record, not only in golf, but in other sports as well. That said, I would still rate Mickey Wright's swing ahead of that of the Babe simply due to Ms. Wright's record of 82 LPGA wins of which 13 were Majors. Not too shabby to my way of thinking. Both of them had great swings by any standard one chooses to use.

SJO

New
I read an interview done years ago with Kathy Whitworth. She said that Babe was an incredible athlete, which no one can deny and that she was extremely competitve which I don't doubt. She then said that despite that she wasn't close to being as good as Mickey Wright. She said that Mickey had a better command of the game and was a clearly better player. That is not to take anything away from Zaharias because hers is an incredible story, but I don't think she was better than Mickey Wright.

Has technology changed the way women's golf swings are taught?

I ask because so many of today's LPGA players have swings that are clearly distinct from PGA players' swings. But Mickey Wright looks just as classic as anything - everything about it so fundamentally sound. So it just made me wonder if the new technology leads to teaching women a different sort of swing?

Mickey seemed to be a tall yet slender athletic lady. Michelle Wie is a tall, slender athletic lady and when she was younger I would definetly say had a classic swing. Am I following you correctly Fronesis?

Status
Not open for further replies.