Boom Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can accept Overton's response, as it appeared to be spur of the moment emotion. Bubba's on the other hand looked completely contrived and it looked like in his mind he felt he had to respond given what Overton was doing.

Jay

SJO

New
Bubba didn't even say good shot! He acted as if he had hit it.

I don't think this reaction is too bad once in a while but in this Ryder Cup both teams just showed a complete lack of humility save a few players. Whooping up the crowd, fist pumping and shouting gets old pretty quickly for me.

I miss Sergio...

Birly,

I think Sergio got more tv time in this Ryder Cup than he did in the entire 2010 golf season! I had to keep reminding myself he wasn't "playing" in this event everytime he came fist-pumping into the picture after a euro hit a good shot! He was annoying as hell. Monty is sly-like-a-fox putting an obvious thorn in the American's side on the team as a pseudo, semi-assistant, assistant captain/waterboy.

I agree..... the Ryder Cup is greatness!

Kudo's to Fowler..... I'm too old to like his "straight bill cap look", but I'll tip MY hat to that kid. What a stud! To me his 4-birdie finish today for a half point is one of the gutsiest performances in the history of the Cup. By a rookie no less! I predict he'll be the US captain in 2040.

I feel awful for Mahan. I hope he's able to turn it into a positive like Langer did. That was a tough news conference to watch.

Whooping up the crowd, fist pumping and shouting gets old pretty quickly for me.

It can be a bit much at times. Sometimes it just doesn't look real spontaneous (impulsive) eh? More intellectually than emotionally driven, if that makes sense.

Anyhoo w/e...didn't think the Overton/Bubba exchange was so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.