Bowed left wrist at the top

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he did. Down the stretch at Muirfield when Sir Nick made his breakthrough.

But I suppose you mean why didn't he hook it like KP on every damn swing? Dunno. Cause he held it off just enough to hit a lowish cut?

Held it off? Mmm. How do you hold it off when it's freewheeling at 115mph? Must've been a helluva guy, that Zingie.;)

Because of his release. He and Redman worked on "knuckles up" finish ad nauseum. ANYONE can hook under pressure. Cept maybe Jack :).

Ahh, DC, me think you right! Knuckles up = cupping, right?

Held it off? Mmm. How do you hold it off when it's freewheeling at 115mph? Must've been a helluva guy, that Zingie.;)

115mph, if that's what he had, would be largely the result of alpha torque. And it's only freewheeling to the extent that you don't count the 100lbs or so of pull along the shaft.

Not hooking would be holding off gamma, no?

115mph, if that's what he had, would be largely the result of alpha torque. And it's only freewheeling to the extent that you don't count the 100lbs or so of pull along the shaft.

I think the 115 would be the result of everything.

Not hooking would be holding off gamma, no?

Ah, my dear birlesque, you ask the million dollar question. IMHO, as a know FA, I would say it is not as a result of holding off the gammon steak, more the consequence of a different combo meal.;)

I think the 115 would be the result of everything.

Ah, my dear birlesque, you ask the million dollar question. IMHO, as a know FA, I would say it is not as a result of holding off the gammon steak, more the consequence of a different combo meal.;)

But, aren't alpha, beta and gamma intended to be the protein, carbs and fat of the golf swing? In other words, there's nothing on the menu that doesn't break down into those separate torques in some combination or other.

At the end of the day, those torques must be the result of all movements in the system. Therefore there will be more than one way to limit gamma, if indeed this was a way to avoid hooking. My contention was that "holding off" in order to play without hooking is almost certainly a myth, genuinely believed by people who have never mastered the art.

Status
Not open for further replies.