Building Blocks 2.0 - New Video by Brian Manzella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched Building Blocks 2 and love it. I have all of Brian's videos except the original building blocks. My take on BB2 is that it is the best instruction video I have seen for an athlete new to golf. It teaches the fundamentals of an athletic swing. For too long golfers have received instruction like holding lag, drag or push the handle and staying in one plane or keeping the body in one posture thru the swing. These are moves no athlete does in a motion designed to throw or toss anything with power. BB2 has a grip taking procedure and waggle I am working on first. I love having permission to change planes and posture in the swing to develop power. I wish I had this video when I started playing golf and it will be watched by my daughters as they learn the game. Thanks Brian for putting this out. Your brilliance as a golf instructor is evident with two fantastic magazine articles and related videos and the release of this video and the new site. Really impressive stuff.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I have watched Building Blocks 2 and love it. I have all of Brian's videos except the original building blocks. My take on BB2 is that it is the best instruction video I have seen for an athlete new to golf. It teaches the fundamentals of an athletic swing. For too long golfers have received instruction like holding lag, drag or push the handle and staying in one plane or keeping the body in one posture thru the swing. These are moves no athlete does in a motion designed to throw or toss anything with power. BB2 has a grip taking procedure and waggle I am working on first. I love having permission to change planes and posture in the swing to develop power. I wish I had this video when I started playing golf and it will be watched by my daughters as they learn the game. Thanks Brian for putting this out. Your brilliance as a golf instructor is evident with two fantastic magazine articles and related videos and the release of this video and the new site. Really impressive stuff.

Every now and then, I get a nice little acknowledgement that makes me smile and realize I am doing done good.

This is one of them.

It's pretty interesting stuff. I haven't had a lot of time to work on it myself because I'm right in the middle of our golf season here in Kansas. I'm not comfortable trying to teach it without having it mastered myself.

What's really thought provoking personally is I do a lot of this stuff already. The left hand grip, left shoulder up and back some, left arm bends a little coming through impact, left, right, left step. I've never had live lesson in my life. Lots of cussing and discussing of the golf swing, watched videos, and a million golf balls. I picked the game up in my early 20's and 20 years later I hit it pretty good.

Having this info 20 years ago would have shaved a lot of time off of getting where I am now though. Well done video Brian.

One thing I've noticed with my left hand grip, not much angle, is it is very easy to shut the club face down through impact. Sometimes to much. My misses are shut face misses off the toe of the club. I hate that shot. When I time everything up the shots are really good and the distance gains are really good too.

If you have any insight on how to avoid this I would really appreciate it.

Edit to add; It never really clicked with me before and I don't know why but tumble and handle drag are completely incompatible. Something about the way you described tumble in this video put that together for me.

Last edited:

ZAP

New
I am curious about the importance of mid body hands at set up. As a lefty (if you remember) I taught myself and set up with my hands ahead of the ball and in front of my lead thigh (right) from face on.

This https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMzXeOz-tRNeWRhcG5xak5lXzA/view?usp=sharing is a little old but it might give you an idea. I am wondering if working towards more mid body hands at address might help me with my backswing sequencing. I feel like if I start my swing as you describe in the BB2 things get crazy.

Best I can describe it. That's my youngest in the background. He just likes hitting driver and putting. I told him if he hits driver far enough me might get his wish.

Edit for fixing the link. Video is on my google drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.