caddie interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when are caddies interviewed after a tournament? Has it been done before? Classy thing for Williams to do would have been to decline. Stealing his man's thunder ain't cool. Wonder if he asked Adam if he could do it? Bitterness and resentment are ugly however justified. Show up, keep up, and shut up Steve.

Last edited:
Yeah, don't think it's ever happened before. Obviously based on the comments he made he was just trying to get another dig at Tiger.

footwedge

Your the caddie! is now the new shout out at tournaments, can't wait till Fluff and Bones go head to head should be a classic.

C'mon, give the guy a break. Feherty asked him the questions. TW finished nowhere with an amateur caddie and it would be only human for him to take pleasure in that. OK, Stevie is not the most likeable of guys, but he's entitled to enjoy a win under those circumstances.

Pop quizz...

1. Who is the best at their job over the past 10 years? A) Woods B) Williams

2. Who is delusional? A) Woods B) Williams

3. Who is a major Richard? A) Woods B) Williams

4. Who feels they have been treated unfairly? A) Woods B) Williams

5. Who has the largest ego? A) Woods B) Williams

6. Who signs the fewest autographs? A) Woods B) Williams

7. Who believes the other has loyalty issues? A) Woods B) Williams

Hint: There are no wrong answers.

Last edited:

ZAP

New
I was shocked to see them interviewing Williams. I could understand it when Bruce Edwards was dying from ALS but even Bruce was not given the kind of time Williams was yesterday. This whole thing with Tiger and Williams is just stupid. I bet Stevie's Dad could beat up Tiger's dad. Whatever.

I spoke to friend on tour and he said that Williams is now poison with a lot of players and if Adam Scott doesn't go on a serious run ar at least maintain a level of success Williams will have a really tough time getting on a good bag again. There are a large number of players that have made some unfaithful moves while in their travels and don't like the idea of their inside man opening his mouth. Especially when that particular man got paid an ungodly sum to be the trusted inside man.

C'mon, give the guy a break. Feherty asked him the questions. TW finished nowhere with an amateur caddie and it would be only human for him to take pleasure in that. OK, Stevie is not the most likeable of guys, but he's entitled to enjoy a win under those circumstances.

They guy's "break" was when he got on Wood's bag!!! And yes part of the problem was CBS having the audacity to interview a CADDIE! He should have declined! If he were caddying for a lot of guys, he would be fired for taking the attention OFF his player

footwedge

Decline the interview and let Adam do the talking and lots of others finished nowhere with pro caddies. Next Stevie's going to want half of the winner's cheque and a trophy....lol.

Last edited:

footwedge

1. Who is the best at their job over the past 10 years? A) Woods B) Williams

2. Who is delusional? A) Woods B) Williams

3. Who is a major Richard? A) Woods B) Williams

4. Who feels they have been treated unfairly? A) Woods B) Williams

5. Who has the largest ego? A) Woods B) Williams

6. Who signs the fewest autographs? A) Woods B) Williams

7. Who believes the other has loyalty issues? A) Woods B) Williams

Hint: There are no wrong answers.

Yeah, but Stevie has more wins 145 and counting.:rolleyes: And he's a front runner:eek:

Last edited:
1) I have no issue with what Stevie said.

2) If any of you have ever been fired by an employer then you know how he feels. Sure it is easy to call him out as childish, having a huge ego, etc. etc. (and no doubt that is accurate). But when you are let go you harbor bad feelings towards the company / person that fired you.

3) Making fun of caddies for what they contribute to a golfers success is silly and simple-minded. They are an important part of the team. And Stevie is one of the best ever.

4) Stevie had not a thing to do with Woods getting caught in this scandal. Absolutely nothing. Saying he is poison on the tour with other players is ridiculous. BTW i love the classic "my good friend on the tour said..." comments. Give me a break.

2) If any of you have ever been fired by an employer then you know how he feels. Sure it is easy to call him out as childish, having a huge ego, etc. etc. (and no doubt that is accurate). But when you are let go you harbor bad feelings towards the company / person that fired you.

3) Making fun of caddies for what they contribute to a golfers success is silly and simple-minded. They are an important part of the team. And Stevie is one of the best ever.

4) Stevie had not a thing to do with Woods getting caught in this scandal. Absolutely nothing. Saying he is poison on the tour with other players is ridiculous. BTW i love the classic "my good friend on the tour said..." comments. Give me a break.

Theo, I understand your perspective, and I think we all can understand Williams' situation with Tiger. However, it is undeniable that this was by Scott's biggest win in the past five years. Deliberately or not, he stole the thunder from the man who won the tournament. Had Steve Williams took the high road throughout this whole Tiger/Scott situation, he would be getting all most as much publicity right now, all positive. Burning bridges is awfully fun at the time, but I can speak from personal experience it often comes back at you.

However, to take a shot at another forum member who by the way DOES know people on Tour is not necessary.

Thx Mom!

Stevie.

I agree that I didn't really care for the interview, but I place that blame on CBS more than Williams. All I know is Scott was at 170th in putts gained before Firestone and made the jump to 133rd. We are in August, so a jump like that is astronomical. Maybe Williams had something to do with it.

3JACK

Status
Not open for further replies.