"Clubface control separates the best players"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest game changer for me is hitting up on the ol' thunderstick! Is 17* degree launch angle any good for an 8* driver?

Not real up on the numbers...that's pretty dang high isn't it??

OK with low spin?

Interesting post. Maybe you speak of talent in "compensations", SR.

Isn't that what it is all about? Compensating? Perhaps this is a semantics thing, but I feel like "swinging left" is compensation for the downward angle of attack, right? If you don't adjust, compensate, respond, address, this then you are non-compliant. I have heard that some folks denigrate the d-plane with talk of "compensation golf" but to me this is compliance golf.

Makes pretty good sense man.

That and..."mid swing feel based/automatic compensations."

Last edited:
It was at Golf Galaxy! I do not trust the numbers on their deal.

But I did enjoy my interaction with their middle handicapper club-fitter!:D

I pulled out this 8* PING driver (G10?) with an extra-stiff V2 shaft in it. He immediately says something to the effect of "This is too much for the likes of you...unless you generate 120 mph club head speed, plus you are not going to get it airborne with just 8*."

So, I set up to hit it as much on the up as I can. I am sure I can get it in the +4 to +6 range.

The launch angle was what I said the club heead speed was 116 and the they all "flew" 295 +

Of course this is the part I do not trust, and 17 degree seems very high launch. Spin was below 3000.

I hammered the three that I hit. He did not say a word and just said "Can I have that wrapped for you!"

In addition to that my shot dispersion was very tight to the center line with very little curvature. That does mean much, but I know what I felt.

I have been hitting down on everything for a long time, and arguing the merits of it passionately. :eek:

He then asked "Do you always aim that far right with a driver?"

This developed into a back and forth about the D-plane. I would not be surprised if he joins the forum.

Hi Chuck! :D

I am so itching for the weather to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.