Club's Offset Influencing Path?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
I think all Frans is saying is that, with a clubface pointing left of the target, you could have a path that's to the right of the clubface (causing your draw) but which is still a little left of the target.

A++++++++; meaning the "old standard" of pull-hook IE and over the top move with a closed face.

Can also be a fairly neutral HSP but with too much down (true path too right) and a left face; sometimes i do that off a tee with an iron and it's foooooooooore left baby but i bet it looked good on video ;)

I think all Frans is saying is that, with a clubface pointing left of the target, you could have a path that's to the right of the clubface (causing your draw) but which is still a little left of the target.

yep, and depending on "much" pull that could even be more then just a "litle left"...

So without knowing what the data really is before and after using some offset clubs it's rather hard to say what the consequences are for a specific golfer. I stopped believing "general rules" about what clubhead design or shaft design or fitting parameter does to the swing(!) after seeing too many golfers doing the exactly the opposite on the TM...

Same goes for the alignment of the cog between handle and head. Yes it is assumed that those two try to line up and that is the reason for the clubhead to lead before impact. And yes offset will move the cog in relation to the hosel backwards and therefore could generate more lead and increase trajectory. And yes offset will generate 1/500 sec more time to close the face :)

However that is what a swingrobot is doing and not what a specific golfer does when swinging a offset golfclub :p

A++++++++; meaning the "old standard" of pull-hook IE and over the top move with a closed face.

Can also be a fairly neutral HSP but with too much down (true path too right) and a left face; sometimes i do that off a tee with an iron and it's foooooooooore left baby but i bet it looked good on video ;)

:D

Reality check. I remember trying an AP2 7 iron alternately with my, at the time, Titleist 735 CM 7 iron. Difference was basically zippo.
Checked the Titleist website on the AP2 specs. The offset on the PW is 0.085 as in less than a tenth of an inch, 4 iron is .145 (tough to see less than 2 tenths of inch.) AP1's are more, but still not much offset. Ping G20 PW 0.18, 4 I 0.300 which would be noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.