Craig "sizzle" Stadler Pros and Cons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the video, his right shoulder does come out but what his hands do that counts, does he flatten it a little?, TIM

His right shoulder moves outward at the top, and so do his hands, and flattening the shaft won't make it possible to get to the inside of the ball. That's why he hits the back or outside of the ball.

I dunno how the hell he hits a fade with that closed clubface... when I try his swing all I can hit is slight draws or hooks (especially with long irons). A push is the closest thing to a fade that I can do w/o opening the clubface.

I don't get it.

Ever wonder why Homer did not get into ball flight trajectories?

In TGM he seems to stop his detailed analysis at Separation of the Ball from the clubhead, and only refers scantly about Followthru to Finish. Makes ya wonder why he considered it was not so important to the Machine's operation .....

So Homer's science stops once the ball is hit? How convenient considering that his concept of the golfswing was that of a Machine governed by the laws of science and geometry. I guess ball flight patterns were of no concern to Homer because they were not part of the Golfing Machine operation.

But now we have Launch Monitors that are capable of optimizing your golfswing to your equipment, providing you have a somewhat consistent golfswing. I bet Homer would have loved to investigate the Launch Monitor given his bent for mechanical things.

No! But, the clubface' influence stops.

Question. Show one scientific study that shows how the club or golfer can influence the ball after it has left the clubface?

If thats too difficult then a yes or no response to the question will be fine. Horton, can you influence the flight of a golf ball after it has separated from the clubface?

Crickets..............

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
ball flight manipulation happens during COMPRESSION....not after and i guess you could argue there is "manipulation" before hand due to a setup change.

When performed correctly my version of Stadler's swing has a HIGH ball flight that fades 1-2 yards. While my misses are weak pushes that leave me cursing.

Status
Not open for further replies.