Disscussion of TGM (or any other golf book) on the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbl

New
The trick is always to give back something right away ...of no consequence to you...to cancel the "obligation." Have some free advice ready to give out to anyone at any time, even if it's how to fix bunions!

So if some people from this forum had received a free DVD when someone started a forum, don't think of it as a free gift. It certainly wasn't given out of the kindness of their heart.

True if the resulting obligation is over priced or incurs a recurring payment, like most other "free gifts". It is no news flash that Brian and the Manzella Academy are professional(get paid for it) golf instructors.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
True if the resulting obligation is over priced or incurs a recurring payment, like most other "free gifts". It is no news flash that Brian and the Manzella Academy are professional(get paid for it) golf instructors.

I'm pretty sure Mathew is NOT talking about me.

Originally Posted by spktho

Who is he talking about?

Matt (slow off the draw)

I'm definitely not talking about Brian.

Actually Brian is a victim of this principle.

The difference between Brian and others is that he gives "samples" on a community basis to give people an idea of who he is and what they can expect. That's a perfectly fine to do from an ethical standpoint and is fair self promotion.

There are others, however, that send out free DVD's to your home in handwritten parcels with a friendly memo attached in order to make you feel that you have a debt to repay. To keep the record straight, I will inform that at some juncture in time someone used Brian's site to create their own forum and gain a customer base for themselves. The reciprocity principle was the tool for someone to do just that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.