Do you own the Yellow Book?

Do you own or have read the Yellow Book (TGM)?

• I own a copy, or did.

Votes: 84 76.4%
  • I do not own one but have read it extensively.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not own one, but have it picked one up and glanced through it.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I do NOT own one or even glanced through one.

Votes: 23 20.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbl

New
It was mentioned in another thread that the book was being "bashed" by people who don't even own it.

You don't have to comment to vote, and no need to say if you are a "basher" or not. Just vote. I kind of want to see if there are more than 75 people who have it.

And if by chance you don't own a copy but read it extensively somehow (like from a friend or library), go ahead and vote. I think the commenter's complaint that the "bashing" was from people not familiar with it, and so there is an option for all.

ETA: Sorry for the typo in the third option - an extraneous "it" but can't edit.

Last edited:
It was mentioned in another thread that the book was being "bashed" by people who don't even own it.

You don't have to comment to vote, and no need to say if you are a "basher" or not. Just vote. I kind of want to see if there are more than 75 people who have it.

And if by chance you don't own a copy but read it extensively somehow (like from a friend or library), go ahead and vote yes. I think the commenter's complaint that the "bashing" was from people not familiar with it, and so there is an option for you too.

I own it.

ZAP

New
I have never even seen it in person. I can also say I do not remember bashing the book. What I have said is I feel fortunate to have landed here on this site.

It is funny though because I have read a bunch of golf instructional books. Or at least looked at the pictures. lol.

I own it. You'd probably laugh at it as I left it in the back seat of my car when I moved and half of it is now almost white from the sun fading it away and the other half is dark yellow.

I still read pieces of it from time to time if something comes up with regards to it.

3JACK

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I have all seven editions.

I had all 6 editions before Katrina wiped them all away, but I spent almost $1000 to get really good quality versions of them all after the flood, and added the 7th to the collection.

dbl

New
I own the 6th edition and remember when the 7th came out, wondering if the differences would make a difference for me, and decided no. :)

A friend of mine in my usual foursome owns a copy, picked up from a thrift store. His pattern would be 24 X's! He has glanced through it, he enjoys the history of the literature, but knows subconsciously not to go deep into it because it would screw him up.

I own a 7th edition purchased from Ben Doyle. He sent a copy of how to read it and hand wrote a quick note. (thought that was cool!) Got through just enough of it until I landed on this site and really have not gone back to it in any depth. I am more pleased that I have been fortunate enough to attend the first GTE (and more to come as well!!).

I was really disappointed that I missed the anti-summit, but will get that video asap whennit comes out.

Thanks

Steve

btp

New
I have the 6th and 7th too. I haven't opened one in over a year. Curiosity got me and I tried lots of things in the book. Helped me teach better, but hurt my own game.

ggsjpc

New
I own the 7th.

Falling apart like crazy.

I look at it regularly to understand conversations I'm following.

Screen-shot-2010-10-22-at-8.51.26-PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.