Driver confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is this: What would you suggest to a golfer (me) who just wants to find a "stock" shot with the driver?

A 3 wood with a X shaft!

Play twice a month and little time to practice. That is a problem. I don't know how you really improve without more playing or practicing time.

Lindsey hit the nail on the head. You may think you are hitting up, or aligning the face closed or open, but how do you know? That's where the wonder of Trackman meets the reality of un-availability (if that's a word). They are relatively few and far between.

Whether it's R9, R11, 910 etc. etc., the shaft is a big deal. At 110 mph, it's even more of a big deal. The wrong shaft will have you spraying it all over the lot.

I have a 3 wood w/x shaft that I love. It gets used off the tee way more than the driver. I want to get my driver ball-flight to resemble my 3 wood.

I think I will head to the range and alternate shots with the driver and 3 wood and adjust until I get something that I can aim & swing approximatly the same.

Thank you all for your input.

My post about level to descending blow with driver was my way that I use. I have tried many times to get the setup right for ascending angle of attack with driver for max distance and I have found personally with my procedure I have more predictable shots by far scrapping ascending aoa altogether.
Ascending blow-which I can achieve on launch monitors and all is longer by a fair amount but only on a pure strike-my dispersion varies greatly with this idea both sides of course definitely in play.
I thought it worth posting for the OP just as my experience within my own game.
Sometimes it's not worth it to gain 10-15 more carry if it means 40% are in the trees.
Someone commented earlier that descending aoa does not give control of flight in itself-duh. However in some cases a person is good at hitting slightly down and its repeatable and predictable and leads to better scores due to their natural tendencies in their own swing.

footwedge

My post about level to descending blow with driver was my way that I use. I have tried many times to get the setup right for ascending angle of attack with driver for max distance and I have found personally with my procedure I have more predictable shots by far scrapping ascending aoa altogether.
Ascending blow-which I can achieve on launch monitors and all is longer by a fair amount but only on a pure strike-my dispersion varies greatly with this idea both sides of course definitely in play.
I thought it worth posting for the OP just as my experience within my own game.
Sometimes it's not worth it to gain 10-15 more carry if it means 40% are in the trees.
Someone commented earlier that descending aoa does not give control of flight in itself-duh. However in some cases a person is good at hitting slightly down and its repeatable and predictable and leads to better scores due to their natural tendencies in their own swing.

Someone commented earlier that:

"I try for level or slightly descending because it gives me more control over the flight. Driver is really a target club once you have adequate power to play any given course."

Descending strike alone does not equal more control over the flight, period. Duh! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.