Early set vs late set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik_K

New
huestisc said:
Thanks for the inspiration, Erik...I know it won't happen overnight, but with hard work and good information, it's possible to get to the destination.

I also like David Alford's attitude that a great swing can be learned by ANYONE if they have the proper information...I just wish he would reveal more of his SECRETS!!! :)

Do your folks still live near the Orlando area? For some reason I thought that had a home near (or in) central Florida?

Erik_K said:
Do your folks still live near the Orlando area? For some reason I thought that had a home near (or in) central Florida?

About an hour north of Tampa, 20 mins south of World Woods, I guess a couple hours south of Gainesville. Are you still in Gainesville?

David....keep the good posts comin......I agree....about fulfilling potential. I don't think EVERYONE can be as dynamic as some.....but everyone can be better than they already are....by a lot. (99% of most people)

Anyway tho....you don't load it as late as Sergio if I remember right.....

You prolly have as much lag as him....

But he float loads in the start down.......you are loaded at the top....(if I remember right David)...

Anyway it's no knock on your swing anyhow.....still a great swing....just wanted to say that.

Last edited:

Erik_K

New
huestisc said:
About an hour north of Tampa, 20 mins south of World Woods, I guess a couple hours south of Gainesville. Are you still in Gainesville?

I just finished the doctorate in engineering and I am teaching at UF for a semester before heading up to the DC area to work for Northrop-Grumman.

If you are in the states between now and December, we should get together for golf with your parents. Tell 'em Erik says hello and I hope they are doing well.

bantamben2 said:
hey dave to you have a link to these videos of your swing.
also mac has a technique to get the right amount of lag every time. Just ask david orr notice how he has just enough lag at the start of his downswing. This method can be taught to anyone in one lesson
Could you please elborate on this technique to get the right amount of lag?

birdie_man said:
David....keep the good posts comin......I agree....about fulfilling potential. I don't think EVERYONE can be as dynamic as some.....but everyone can be better than they already are....by a lot. (99% of most people)

Anyway tho....you don't load it as late as Sergio if i remember right.....

You prolly have as much lag as him....

But he float loads in the start down.......you are loaded at the top....(if I remember right David)...

Anyway it's no knock on your swing anyhow.....still a great swing....just wanted to say that.

Thanks also. I only demoed two these two swing models because these two
were the swing models under debate at the time. Early set and Hogan.

bantamben2 said:
hey dave to you have a link to these videos of your swing.

Hi Bantamben, um, it was posted a few weeks ago, maybe someone can repost the link. I'm still overseas and don't have a lot of time to be online to find it. I am hitting balls, though...

huestisc said:
Nope...they don't seem to be working links.

Just a note...if the links are inactive, it would seem to be because Brian decided to inactivate them. If they are to be re-activated, it will be because Brian decides to re-activate them.

Presumedly, those interested will have to ask. For what it's worth, I hereby give permission for him to put my two sequences in a more permanent location, perhaps in the video swing section.

OTOH, maybe he doesn't feel it's worth it, because I'm not a tour player or a well known entity.

I've suggested a frame by frame comparison to Ben Hogan. The reason for this is not to toot my own horn, but to show an amateur golfer on this site, can duplicate Hogan's swing angles and motion to a high degree (and it certainly would have been closer if I had my cleats on turf rather than on a tennis court).

What does this mean for you? Well, if I can do it (at age 57), I KNOW a lot of others can as well...at any rate, to be your best, that's the challenge.

I'll admit, I was reluctant to release these clips for that reason, they still aren't my best.

Status
Not open for further replies.