Euro Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiger Woods and Robert Rock in the final group at. Abu Dhabi tomorrow.
Should be a ding-dong.
Worth staying up all night for?

I wouldn't count Rory Mcilroy out just yet. If it weren't for his stupid 2 shot penalty he'd be at 11 under with Tiger and Rock. Looks like Tiger has finally got down Foley's centered pivot version of S&T. :cool: I'll be rooting for someone who isn't being paid an appearance fee. ;)

I wouldn't count Rory Mcilroy out just yet. If it weren't for his stupid 2 shot penalty he'd be at 11 under with Tiger and Rock. Looks like Tiger has finally got down Foley's centered pivot version of S&T. :cool: I'll be rooting for someone who isn't being paid an appearance fee. ;)
Hoping Rocky wins just to put him on the world stage a bit

I would love to see the big CAT win!!! On another note doesn't it seam's like the Euro tour tv coverage is a bit better than the PGA tour tv coverage?

I would love to see the big CAT win!!! On another note doesn't it seam's like the Euro tour tv coverage is a bit better than the PGA tour tv coverage?

gee ya think? Don't even get me started on the over produced american garbage they call golf coverage.

Do you guys get the Ewen Murray, Mark Roe (Sky Sports) commentary or that Golf channel lot? which I found a right turn off.
Danny,
We get Renton Laidlaw, Julian Tutt, the American lad that Mcilroy criticised and a couple of other faces, but no Sky coverage. They're actually very good, I think. Love to see Peter Alliss pop up, but that would be asking too much!
Don't you think it might be interesting to import a Renton Laidlaw, or drag Peter Alliss out of semi-retirement and put them in the box with some of the U.S announcers on the PGA Tour? I think that would be a cool juxtaposition. Those guys have a nice, dry sense of humour, a droll appreciation for absurdities, AND they know when to shut the f%^k up.
When Faldo first started, he tried way too hard, throwing in a British "witticism" every 2 minutes or so or a fake Cockney accent. Unfortunately, Faldo's not a naturally funny guy; in fact, quite the opposite, and thus has become so much better since he started just doing what he does best - analysis.
America golf coverage is stylised a little too much, but it's still very, very good. Just gets a little bland and manufactured at times to keep corporate paymasters happy.

Last edited:
The Golf Channel, like ESPN does a poor job with most of the stuff they do. The only good thing they both do is give us lots of events. I'm convinced that the Golf Channel would hire Kim Kardashian to partner with Faldo, or stand next to the moron's on The Morning Drive if they could afford her. When they had Lauren Thompson doing some on-course interviews last week at the Humana, I was surprised she wasn't wearing a bikini or halter top.

When they had Lauren Thompson doing some on-course interviews last week at the Humana, I was surprised she wasn't wearing a bikini or halter top.
Surprised AND disappointed!!;)
That Morning Drive thing, apart from the great guests they have, is a horrible show. Shame cos the two lads who present are pretty smart, but the stuff they're tasked to do is so banal it's embarrassing.
Must say though, in the depths of a New Jersey winter and the golf season officially ended - if it ever really does now - it's always a treat to have some live Australian Open on the Golf Channel.
But if I see another series of Big Break in the offing I will reach for my revolver...What a pile of wank that show is.

Last edited:
The Golf Channel, like ESPN does a poor job with most of the stuff they do. The only good thing they both do is give us lots of events. I'm convinced that the Golf Channel would hire Kim Kardashian to partner with Faldo, or stand next to the moron's on The Morning Drive if they could afford her. When they had Lauren Thompson doing some on-course interviews last week at the Humana, I was surprised she wasn't wearing a bikini or halter top.

In fairness to TGC, that could've been a well thought out strategy to get some HUGE name player(s) to come around the studio more often.

Job well done!! Robert Rock He played solid and keep his ball under control.... major league up and downs the short game was solid .... the tournament was exciting to watch. Again the cover was great!!!!

Dariusz J.

There was a thread where Rock was claimed with a great tee-to-green play (which would be great news for me that someone is claimed to win the tournament not because of superhuman recovery shorts, great short game or phenomenal putting) and was taken down for some unknown reasons. What was Rock's FIR/GIR stats ? Was the course pampered as usually ?

Cheers

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Not suggesting anything but I really have to wonder why the tee to green game was so good for Woods the first 3 rounds and then so poor the last? I know it's golf but it's not like we're talking about a guy who can't perform under the gun.

natep

New
Tiger did well to keep it as close as it was because he was missing almost every green it seemed like.

He probably hasn't figured out how to manage his new misses or which ones might show up under the gun. He's not a robot and a golf course is not a driving range. His tempo either quickened a bit or he's overdoing the left move through the ball. Its just human nature and he will adjust next time.

Dariusz J.

D, did you watch the final round? Rock played beautifully tee to green.

Nope, I did not - that's why I am asking. Can you say he won thanks to his great tee-to-green performance ? how many fairways did he miss ?

Not suggesting anything but I really have to wonder why the tee to green game was so good for Woods the first 3 rounds and then so poor the last? I know it's golf but it's not like we're talking about a guy who can't perform under the gun.

I have my explanation from the day one he started to work with Foley. But you guys here would not like it.

Cheers

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Nope, I did not - that's why I am asking. Can you say he won thanks to his great tee-to-green performance ? how many fairways did he miss ?

I have my explanation from the day one he started to work with Foley. But you guys here would not like it.

Cheers

I'm not sure why we wouldn't like it. I have my theories as well. You could be right in your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.