Face control - Which movement / body position?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say the elbows and the forearms.

elbow position and forearm movement?

Elbow position sensation with me seems to control the horz. impact position on the face. If I lose (sense) the right elbow position almost always a shank is the result.

Last edited:
Tried to sense the left hand in a more closed face position, seems to generate more square face at impact. If I sense more open I hook it of the planet :)

With a sensation of more closed the swing plane tends to get more vertical and a bit less centered contact....to be continued...

Brian a couple of us are still kinda wondering about the "don't like monitoring the hands" comment earlier. Should there be no conscious thought about it?

dbl

New
Are you a roller, or have some significant amount of roll? As you minimize roll and just go to unbending, there isn't much need to monitor hands or clubface.

Dariusz J.

Do a hammer man need to monitor his hands ??? This is his subconscious mind job.
Do a driver monitor his hands on a steering wheel ? This is his subconscious mind job.
All they need to do is to create good physical conditions to act and let the conscious not disturb any more.

Merry Christmas.

Do a hammer man need to monitor his hands ??? This is his subconscious mind job.
Do a driver monitor his hands on a steering wheel ? This is his subconscious mind job.
All they need to do is to create good physical conditions to act and let the conscious not disturb any more.

Merry Christmas.

Before they started becomming a driver or hammer man how did they learn to hit the nail or to control the steering wheel, that is the question!

Dariusz J.

Before they started becomming a driver or hammer man how did they learn to hit the nail or to control the steering wheel, that is the question!

Well, I hate answering good questions with another question - but did your driving instructor tell you to monitor your hands on the steering wheel when you took the first lesson ? I guess no, he just showed what is the best = providing best results position of your hands on the wheel and that's all. Same with hammering nails - one immediately knows thanks to subconscious mind that the best results are achieved when you let the hammerhead do its job without monitoring what your wrists do.

Merry Christmas.

Well, I hate answering good questions with another question - but did your driving instructor tell you to monitor your hands on the steering wheel when you took the first lesson ? I guess no,

Yes, he did. He explained where both hands must be placed on the wheel (10 before 2) even where the thumbs had to be placed, there was also a mark on the wheel, and he explained how you must act before you driver away to make sure that you know how the wheel and the postion of the wheels are related.

Dariusz J.

Yes, he did. He explained where both hands must be placed on the wheel (10 before 2) even where the thumbs had to be placed, there was also a mark on the wheel, and he explained how you must act before you driver away to make sure that you know how the wheel and the postion of the wheels are related.

Exactly. He showed you where hands should be placed AT SETUP. He did not tell you to monitor them consciously when you're turning the wheel. All conscious thoughts should be left at setup. If you try to monitor your hands while turning the wheel or hitting a golf ball you are doing nothing more but introducing danger to the motion.

Cheers

Exactly. He showed you where hands should be placed AT SETUP. He did not tell you to monitor them consciously when you're turning the wheel. All conscious thoughts should be left at setup. If you try to monitor your hands while turning the wheel or hitting a golf ball you are doing nothing more but introducing danger to the motion.

Cheers

So finally an answer. According to you the hands position at setup are the main contribution to the face angle at impact?

Dariusz J.

So finally an answer. According to you the hands position at setup are the main contribution to the face angle at impact?

Of course. The kinetics of the motion of the whole body brings arms and hands where they should be at impact. Hands alone may be important when one sits at the table and eats soup because it does not need building the kinetic chain from the ground up to execute the motion of your arm bringing spoon to one's mouth - and even this is an exaggeration of hands' conscious role.

Why do you think Hogan devoted so many pages to setup ?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.