Flat Shoulder Turn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with a flat shoulder turn.

Most underrated move in golf.

Also, if you make an ACTUAL "one piece takeaway," you hands will move down first.

BManz, I have both SD and NHA, and both advocate a steeper shoulder turn. Can you or any of the Manzella Academy crew comment on the advantage of a flat shoulder swing?

Also interested to see answers to this one - Soft Draw certainly talks about the need for the right shoulder to go down and the left shoulder to go up in the downswing? (obviously only in that pattern).

But what are the keys/pattern requirements to making a flat shoulder turn work?

I had/have a flat shoulder turn + flat arm swing.

But I'm guessing someone like Colin Montgomerie (flat shoulders right?) is doing it right.

Pretty flat shoulder turn?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E9vKzOh6tMM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Flat sturn all the way for me.

All...the...way...

Colin would be steeper sturn. (Rotated Shoulder Turn in TGM) Lots of hip slide as well, which is a tell.

As per TGM's 'Flat Shoulder Turn':

Toms, Anthony Kim, Ben Hogan, Phil Mick, Mahan, Donald, Annika, Immelman, Byrd, Stenson, Moe Norman, Greg Norman, Vijay, Stricker, Adam Scott, Leonard, Davis Love, Poulter, Sadlowski, Jiminez, Oosthuizen, Langer, Player, Allenby, Ross Fisher, Joe Durant, Boo Weekley, Choi, Karlsson, Zach Johnson, Harrington, Westwood...?

Did a YTube barrage.

Hoping I did a decent job. Used to have a hard time telling this mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.