For Those That Have The Golf MTRx App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
Ok, got the app yesterday and have been messing around with it since. High score = 91. Mostly have scores between 78-82. The hold up is peak time. Everything else is tour standard.

Question is; what is peak time? How do I improve this metric?

My understanding of peak time is when the hips reach max speed in relation to impact. My lower peak time scores come when the max speed is to close to impact. My best scores have come when my hips feel as if they are rotating counter clockwise (I'm right handed) during the last part of my backswing. This is just a feel...sort of an internal feeling.

Jared, peak time is really more like peak location AND time. As Brian showed with Sadlowski's video counting the frames his belt loops move, it moved quite a bit halfway down then stabilized as his thorax took off. I've tested a few tour players and mostly they braked a wee bit too late for a high score on the app. Keep messing with it and it will all clear up within a few minutes.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
Thanks Bill for the response. I feel like I brake too late as well. Got a few in the upper 80's tonight hitting into a net.

Bj, the 91 I got I felt like my hips were counter clockwise as well.

Definitely a good app, especially it being half price right now. I will keep working with it.

art

New
Can someone please put Art's BBKIB pattern in one spot. Give an outline or something quick maybe. You've got to dig and search all over for the details.

Dear Robbierob99,

Sorry for the inconvenience of BBKIB being included in many of my 300 responses to other folks posts.

IMO, the best 'one stop shop' is to 'Google' search on "Bumpy Back", and click on/follow the first response right back to this Brian Manzella.com site.

Please don't hesitate to PM me, or post any questions you may have on this thread after reviewing the "Bumpy Back vs Diagonal Stance" thread.

Sincerely,
art

Bill,

I picked up the ap today and my hold up is the Peak Time. I too am generally in the upper 70's to mid 80's with a mid iron. I do score better with a driver. I can not change this parameter other than worsen it. My best is .09 and my average is .06 or so. Do you have any thoughts on meaningful ways I can improve?

It detects impact via the impact sound. So make sure you have the mic end of the phone sticking out.
You best wear it in front. If it is a very busy/noisy range I could imagine it having problems.

Last edited:
The upper segments have much to do with the speeds positions of the pelvis. Without there data im not convinced this is worthy.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
Ok, peak time is still an issue, apparently I am too late in achieving this.

Accel averages 2.0; Peak time .04; Decel -2.5; Speed 460

How do you reconcile earlier peak time with out spinning out. BBKIB seems to make my peak time worse.

art

New
Ok, peak time is still an issue, apparently I am too late in achieving this.

Accel averages 2.0; Peak time .04; Decel -2.5; Speed 460

How do you reconcile earlier peak time with out spinning out. BBKIB seems to make my peak time worse.

Dear Jared,

Sorry, BBKIB did not improve the 'Peak Time' parameter you were interested in making better. But, it may just be the OVER-simplification of HOW and WHAT and WHERE to KIB (keep it back), so let me explain.

In summary, try keeping your back to the target longer, OR try keeping your right (rear) shoulder back a little longer during the early down swing.

The descriptive term BBKIB, came from a multi-year study seeking 'golf truth' with emphasis on the role and impact of lower body, upper body, and lead arm dynamic stability. In communicating the breadth and depth of the study, it seemed appropriate to descriptively name the process, BODIGolf (Body Optimized by Dynamic(s) Integration Golf).

The support testing involved golfers of widely varying capabilities AND widely varying shapes and conditioning, which very quickly indicated that the "KIB-keep it back" instruction would have to be 'customized' to the varied characteristics of each individual golfer.

The 'location' that worked for MOST of the golfers tested was to keep, or try to keep the right, or rear BUMPY BACK. On some more recent posts, keeping the entire back facing the target longer was for some an improvement over just keeping the Bumpy Back. And in between, we tested the option of trying to keep the right shoulder complex back if a particular golfer had over-the top tendencies.

SO, simply stated, the "IT" in "KEEP IT BACK" is really an allowable variable as to which of the three options ie, Bumpy, entire back, or right (rear) shoulder complex should be emphasized.

If you are interested, in a subsequent post I will expand on the degree of additional lower body stability each option produces, and the impact body configuration and weight distribution have on the efficacy of the overall swing including balance and kinematic sequencing.

Sincerely,
art

Jared,

The feeling that the cross over drill creates in the pelvis is what got my peak time from .04 to .08. When done correctly I turn into my left ankle instead of roll over it. The ankle is not something I focus on it just happens as a result of the pelvis movement.

Jared,

The feeling that the cross over drill creates in the pelvis is what got my peak time from .04 to .08. When done correctly I turn into my left ankle instead of roll over it. The ankle is not something I focus on it just happens as a result of the pelvis movement.

What is the crossover drill? Thanks.

What is the crossover drill? Thanks.

Start with feet together and club pointed at the target (doesn't have to be exact), take the club back while stepping toward the target and swing.

There is a feeling created in the pelvis area during the step forward/backswing that is different from what I was doing while my peak time was late. I try to create this feeling during a normal swing and my peak time improves.

Status
Not open for further replies.