found this on youtube... swing vision of a hacker...

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, just thought this was interesting. To see a hackers swing, in super slow mo. enjoy!... or cringe...:eek:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xfaNdD-fIk&NR=1[/media]

wow... can you say open clubface...

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Thanks for ruining my Christmas eve....

Ive lost count how many times ive seen this exact pattern and I'll probably see it 20 more times this year. The fix is sooooooo easy yet many are very reluctant. This is Soft Draw....step by step.

This should be proof to everyone that cupping your wrist does not open the clubface. Watch when this dude does it. He rolls the lead arm all the way till the back of his left hand nearly points to the sky. Only then does he begin to cup it, in effect trying to get it back in front of his hands, or close it.

Man is that thing open on the way down:eek:

He sure looks like he can play:)

Until the club starts back.

I'll bet you he's awesome when the wind blows.....(kidding)

Ive lost count how many times ive seen this exact pattern and I'll probably see it 20 more times this year. The fix is sooooooo easy yet many are very reluctant. This is Soft Draw....step by step.

This should be proof to everyone that cupping your wrist does not open the clubface. Watch when this dude does it. He rolls the lead arm all the way till the back of his left hand nearly points to the sky. Only then does he begin to cup it, in effect trying to get it back in front of his hands, or close it.

Man is that thing open on the way down:eek:

How would you fix this guy Kevin? I don't think I follow.

Kevin, I don't follow either...I would love to know how you would fix him, step by step. I see the clubface open as well, but at impact, it looks almost square, correct?
Also, what is wrong and how do you fix the way he takes the club back - is he taking it back with his hands/arms instead of his pivot?
Thanks,
p

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Kevin, I don't follow either...I would love to know how you would fix him, step by step. I see the clubface open as well, but at impact, it looks almost square, correct?
Also, what is wrong and how do you fix the way he takes the club back - is he taking it back with his hands/arms instead of his pivot?
Thanks,
p

PM, in no way am I saying that it would be easy. Yes, he squares it up but the leakage and overcomitted right arm spent to do it is diastrous. This shot went nowhere. You're damn right he's taking it back with rolled arms.I'll bet if he really committed to a grip change (its open in his hands) and a full soft draw backswing (complete with clubface vertical to the plane early, LCT, right arm on top of left, a little twist) he could get a little tilt into the ball and maybe a little trigger delay for some "sling" or toss.

Ive just seen this exact downswing so many times and the one common denominator is that takeaway.

Last edited:

Bronco Billy

The Secret.........

PM, in no way am I saying that it would be easy. Yes, he squares it up but the leakage and overcomitted right arm spent to do it is diastrous. This shot went nowhere. You're damn right he's taking it back with rolled arms.I'll bet if he really committed to a grip change (its open in his hands) and a full soft draw backswing (complete with clubface vertical to the plane early, LCT, right arm on top of left, a little twist) he could get a little tilt into the ball and maybe a little trigger delay for some "sling" or toss.

Ive just seen this exact downswing so many times and the one common denominator is that takeaway.

Isn't the Ideal Condition of a Perfect BackSwing is to Have the ClubFace Vertical to the Plane Early and Vertical to the Plane All the Way Back..... Isn't this Ideal Condition of the Perfect BackSwing Accomplished by Controlled TwistAway(CR) All the Way Back...... Thanks for Spreading the Gosiple and Have a Great Day.....:)

Last edited:
Isn't the Ideal Condition of a Perfect BackSwing is to Have the ClubFace Vertical to the Plane Early and Vertical to the Plane All the Way Back..... Isn't this Ideal Condition of the Perfect BackSwing Accomplished by Controlled TwistAway(CR) All the Way Back...... Thanks for Spreading the Gosiple and Have a Great Day.....:)

I haven't been following this thread, but I always look at a bronco billy post. This one didn't disappoint either.

Bronco Billy

This Says to me that you are Indeed a Method Instructor and a Damn Good One....

I love Bronco Billy's post as well

The Existence of an Ideal BackSwing ---> An Ideal DownSwing Also Exists ---> An Ideal Method Also Exists ---> One Must Teach This Ideal Method ..... The Name of this Ideal Method/Pattern is "Hit the GD Golf Ball the Most Efficiently, Far, and Straight as Possible........." Have a Great Day With Your New Found Knowledge.....:)

Ps ---> ='s Implies

Last edited:

Is it the "ideal condition of a perfect backswing" all the time?

I have nothing against the clubface 90 to the plane in the backswing in general BTW. (done with a twistaway move or not)

Bronco Billy

Method Golf Instruction Vs Non Method Golf Instriuction....

Is it the "ideal condition of a perfect backswing" all the time?
I have nothing against the clubface 90 to the plane in the backswing in general BTW. (done with a twistaway move or not)

There are Many Ways to Skin a Cat..... Method Instruction Assumes their is One Ideal Way..... All Skinners are Instructed to Use this Ideal Method in Skinning.... Non Method Instruction Implies All Skinners are assumed to have an Innate Ability to Skin a Cat.... Non Method Skinner Instructors try to "Fix" these Infinite Feeble Attempts to Skin A Cat.....
I Believe an Ideal Golf Method Exists and All Golfers Should Be Instructed in this Ideal Method..... Have a Great Day with Your New Found Knowledge....:)

Ps... Yes....

BB is a fundamentalist!!!

There are Many Ways to Skin a Cat..... Method Instruction Assumes their is One Ideal Way..... All Skinners are Instructed to Use this Ideal Method in Skinning.... Non Method Instruction Implies All Skinners are assumed to have an Innate Ability to Skin a Cat.... Non Method Skinner Instructors try to "Fix" these Infinite Feeble Attempts to Skin A Cat.....
I Believe an Ideal Golf Method Exists and All Golfers Should Be Instructed in this Ideal Method..... Have a Great Day with Your New Found Knowledge....:)

Ps... Yes....

Bronco Billy

Query.....

Just checking Mr. Billy.

If an Ideal Golf Method/Pattern Existed and You Could Execute this Ideal Golf Method/Pattern through Study and Practice.... Would You Adhere to This Ideal Golf Method/Pattern.... Or Would You Continue to Go to a Non Method Instructor and Continue to Get Your Innate(Born With) Golf Swing "Fixed".... Have a Great Day with Your New Found Query.....:)

Bronco Billy

No Kidding Involved....

Billy,

Are you kidding or what?

no, really.

These are My Believes and I am Entitled to Them as much as You are Entitled to Yours.... I Guess this is your Forum and you can Delete My Believes and Ban Me if You wish.... I believe NSA is the Ideal Method/Pattern for ALL Golfers whether they Believe it or Not..... All the Rest is Show Business....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.