Golf Channel: On the Range

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Tiger does what I do :D When I practice I can almost get the shallow angle of attack thing down. When I want to make sure I don't miss my irons on the course or even at the range when I'm simulating a real shot my angle of attack gets steeper. It's actually pretty hard to be as steep as Tiger is and then shallow it out like he does on the range. It is for me at least, and apparently it is for Tiger.

OK - so one of the things I mentioned related to the "On The Range" segment was the lack of PW divots taken by Tiger during the practice session they showed. I catch some of today's TW highlight package and you'd have thought that Lee Trevino was hitting his wedge shots..... beaver pelts were flying all over the place!

What am I missing here? Is it that he can't take the wedge range swing to the course, he actually DOESN'T want to get real shallow with the wedge, the course conditions were significantly different than the range area, or it's the shot he's trying to hit? Seems like if you were picking on the range you could/would pick it on the course?
I think it was the type of shot. Maybe he was trying to keep those beaver pelt divot shots down?

Status
Not open for further replies.