Golf Tips from Your Playing Partners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burner

New
Horses for courses.

Sorry Burner, I don't quite agree with that....

The wider you place your feet the further back your low point goes, relative to your front foot...

Therefore if you tee the ball inside your left heel and increase your stance width, you have effectively moved your low point back, making it easier to hit "up" on the ball....

PM,

The one constant in golf is low point - being your left armpit or the outer point of your left shoulder whichever way you want to look at it - and the distance from there to the centre of your sternum. Your feet can be anywhere but nothing changes this basic premise.

How you position yourself in relation to the ball is down to personal preference and my preference does not involve the imprecise movements of my right foot away from, or closer to, my left.

I personally don't like wide stances, as for me, it makes correct pivoting harder and, I feel, it is detrimental to the long term well-being of the lower back....

I agree and those constraints apply to everyone not just you and I.

In any event, SC now mentions that Brian had him move his ball further forwards in his Driver stance when he saw him.

You may have also noticed that ball position being too far back was a possibility I mentioned in post #14 above.

The most obvious and simple solutions are overlooked with alarming regularity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.