got blades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first set of blades were Wilson Staff FG51s. I sold them to a buddy of mine about 10 years. I was at his house this weekend and we pulled the 1 iron out from the set. No idea how I ever hit that thing . . . maybe I am fooling myself, maybe I never hit it well. Those are my sentimental favorites.

Some other favorites that I have played:
- MacGregor Muirfield 20th Ann.
- MacGregor VIPs
- Maxfli Aussie Blades
- Mizuno MP32s (almost blades)

My current set of blades is by far the best feeling of them all. Miura Tournament Blades.

2000 Ben Hogan Apex. It was the last year he ever had design say and the Hawk nailed it. 2 sets in the garage up against the wall.
And those Golden Ram..used them in college when we had a Ping sponsorship. Team mates would have to hit my irons to recognize if they were hitting it well or not because of the way the Pings muffled the feeling.

Amazingly enough, thinking about all the clubs I've had, I still look back fondly on a set of... wait for it..... TOP FLITE blades I had when I was a junior. Can't remember the actual model/name but they had green grips. I remember flusuhing it with them just as I was getting good. Then I got a set of PINGS and, looking back, they were horrible. Apart from the wedges, which were ideally designed to rip up balata balls and get it sucking back up off the green.

Played a set of 88 Hogan Redlines for the longest time.

Came back to blades for good with Wishon 555Ms. Can't imagine playing anything else.

b3127736.jpg

Ah, brings back the memories...

b3127736.jpg

Ah, brings back the memories...

It really bugs me that the pitching wedge isn't in the right spot :) I would love to see all these clubs from the top. It's strange that most pictures are taken from the view of how others will see your clubs when your perspective is the only one that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.