GTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks, day one in the books and I can tell you...AIN'T NO JOKE!!!!!

This is the real deal. Thanks to Brian and all the Manzella Instructors. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Steve

GTE Workshop

Brian was at his best during this workshop. He is a master teacher like none other....To watch him work his magic with students of all abilities was amazing. I now clearly understand the D-Plane, Manzella short club matrix, and many new ways to help my golfers. I am so looking forward to the next GTE workshop, it was off the charts. Thanks Brian, Jack;)

Thank you, thank you and more thank yous!

Well just made the 3 plus hour drive home and all I can say is that my head is swimming right now with so much great information and concepts.

First and foremost we all need to extend an enormous thanks to Brian Manzella for doing this seminar. To be sure he had a lot of help,suggestions etc along the way, but at the end of the day it was his mug up there put on the spot to deliver and he did! And by everyone thanking him I mean the golfing population as a whole but this forum especially. You know that by him doing things like this he is upgrading golf instuction for all of you! Quite a feat and I know I will use things like this seminar to be the best teacher I can be for my students.

Secondly a big thanks to Damon Lucas and his staff for being the hosts of the seminar. Let me tell you if you get a chance attend a seminar there, first class and quality in the facility and staff. And Damon himself is a terrific guy always smiling and very gracious.

Thirdly the support from the Manzella instructors was great! I enjoyed sitting next to Steve Khatib, Michael Finney, Michael Jacobs, John Hardesty and Kevin Shields at different stages of the seminar. (and I already mentioned Damon) these are all great guys (we enjoyed some laughs!) and even more amazing is their wealth of knowledge. You guys are great and I look forward to your collective input on my own lessons in the future as I strive for Golf Teaching Excellence!

Lastly it was great to meet so many other talented people there and share their knowledge as well. I wish there was more time to get to know everyone better there and to learn more about their experiences but every second was taken!

The price of admission alone was hearing Michael Finney get so excited when he heard something new from Brian for the first time. It was things like that that made this seminar the best two days of golf learning in my life!

Thanks again,

Steve Greffen

Safe travels for everyone on their depatures and I look forward, no can't wait for the next one!

Last edited:
I am seconding what Steve said: Great facilities, great seminar. Thank you Brian, Damon and everyone else. I feel privileged to have been there.

One of the most eye-opening things for me was watching Brian in action during the live lessons. Chipping, pitching and bunker session was great. D-plane, trackman, not to mention a lot of good conversation. Too much good stuff to mention... it was a great seminar.

Last edited:

ggsjpc

New
Brian Manzella-Ain't no Joke!

The man can flat out teach.

Very impressive.

Thanks to Brian and his staff of instructors for getting together 30 like minded people and creating an environment where they could learn and interact. Thank you Damon for hosting the event and it was neat putting faces with screen names.

Last edited:
Many thanks to Brian and All of his instructor's for a great seminar. Those of you who missed this first GTE must not miss the second one. It's content was very well done as was Brian's desire to make sure that everyone in attendance had a chance to have some input. The live lessons were a great part as was the Trackman demonstration and the short game part was fabulous. This was a worldwide seminar as people from Estonia, Australia, Belgium and the UK were in attendance. Damon Lucas was a great host and his facility is First Class. Everyone voted on the top 10 teachers not at the Seminar which was a great treat. I'm already looking forward to next year's GTE.

What got Mike Finney all hyped up?

GTE Ain't No Joke.

Let's just say it was gravitational. I will let him further explain if he feels the need. My point was that it was a "wow" experience for a lot of people that have never heard that particular information in that way and it gave a lot of us an explanation of how some people have such a tough time with the swing and slicing the ball.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Thank you to everyone who attended. The interaction was lively and I loved hearing the opinions and questions from the crowd. Brian handled questions like no other presenter at any other summit. Major kudos for having the stones to teach anyone, anytime in front of anyone. High quality results.

We must get more at the next one. This thing will keep getting better and better and now that Ive been to it, I can assure anyone that I will not miss it ever. Too much good info, good debate and opinions, lots of laughs, and good food (very important).

I'll remember fondly some of the relationships I started and all the people i met. Great crowd.

Damon Lucas

Super Moderator
Brian Manzella is an outstanding teacher.

The emails that I have already received from the live lessons and the seminar participants tell me that he has fronted an outstanding seminar as well.

This seminar differed from all other golf seminars in that the attendees were given every opportunity to question, interact, understand, and digest all the information presented.

What that means is that all the simple concepts were covered several times, and more difficult ones were presented, discussed, and understood too.

It is extraordinarily refreshing to be part of a group of people who welcome and encourage lively debate.

Thanks Brian, and to all who attended!

Martin,

We missed you! Maybe next time?

Thanks..

I know I would have learned a ton.

I sure hope I can make the next one. The job, the wife and two wee ones put the kibosh on this trip. I couldn't do it to my wife. We have no family in Bend.

I'll host the next one! Come to Bend, Oregon!! It's in the middle of BFE, but it's nice. Tetherow has a really good practice area and great food for Kevin:)

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
Thank you to everyone who attended. The interaction was lively and I loved hearing the opinions and questions from the crowd. Brian handled questions like no other presenter at any other summit. Major kudos for having the stones to teach anyone, anytime in front of anyone. High quality results.

We must get more at the next one. This thing will keep getting better and better and now that Ive been to it, I can assure anyone that I will not miss it ever. Too much good info, good debate and opinions, lots of laughs, and good food (very important).

I'll remember fondly some of the relationships I started and all the people i met. Great crowd.

Kevin summed it up brilliantly, it was also great and lots of fun to room with Brian again.

Kevin can play some serious golf and it was great to play with him and his old mentor/boss Matt Kluk; Lake Presidential was a first class course and facilities(well done Damon).

As Kevin said the food was great especially 'Bob Evans' breakfasts with Double espresso's at Starbucks: now Kevin also made a resolution that after the GTE he would go on a two week detox. So lets all support him with this one to help him make it through the two weeks!

Lemon Detox day one - come on Kev you can do it:eek:

Last edited:

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
When I go on the road, I go full tilt on every meal as if I'm going to the chair. Gotta start the off season program.

BTW, Lake Presedential is an outstanding and very fun golf course.

The GTE seminar was better than I thought it would be. Brian once again demonstrated his wide command of the forces that control the golf swing and his ability to actually get his students to actually do what he wants them to do.

There are a lot of teachers who would not put themselves "out there" like Brian does with respect to live lessons. This is what separates him from most other teachers.

I would always learn something new when I popped in a tape of a Ben Doyle lesson. It seems that now I learn something new when I listen to Brian talk. He is learning more and more each day and he is not afraid to share it.

Everyone I met at the GTE was there to genuinely learn - which was a refreshing departure from many of the PGA seminars I had attended in the past. I hope everyone feels like they benefited from the information presented and that they now have more tools to help their students. I know that my teaching improved because of my attendance.

Damon, thanks for hosting - your course, range, and clubhouse were all first rate. To the Manzella teachers (some of whom I had never met) - it was great to share ideas and a few laughs. To everyone else who traveled from far and near to get to Baltimore, you are on your way to even more golf teacher excellence.

Thanks again, Brian - job well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.