Hardest/toughest shot in golf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp12c

New
Some announcer I think it was J miller said the 40yd bunker shot is the hardest/toughest shot in golf. I had a chance to do just that shot and won 10 bucks. My playing partner bet me I could get it out near the green, remember he said near the green not on the green, I looked at the sand and the lip of the bunker, I said no problem Ill take that bet, the sand was compacted due to the fog from the morning,the lip was about waist high, took out my gap wedge, waggled the club over the ball and wham! out of the bunker, clean strike, and flew over the pin and landed about 2 feet from the edge of the green. I like it when a plan comes together. Before I would have struggled to just to get out of the bunker let alone to get it near the green.You guys here have made my game soooo much better!

the hardest shot for me was underneath a tree / rough and get it on the green.

I did it, but granted, i probably coulnd't do it again

hp12c

New
the hardest shot for me was underneath a tree / rough and get it on the green.

I did it, but granted, i probably coulnd't do it again

Did u make par/birdie/bogie? I made bogie, but I look at it as an acomplishment, before I would have taken 3 maybe 4 strokes out of that bunker.

Did u make par/birdie/bogie? I made bogie, but I look at it as an acomplishment, before I would have taken 3 maybe 4 strokes out of that bunker.

i made par...but i got lucky.

the ball was actually sitting on top of the rock as well. I broke my 52 wedge...and threw it away LOL

The shot after the shank. Or to be more precise, the chip shot after the shanked chip shot.

True story. Played in a Pro-Am tourney several years ago with my CC Asst Pro. Shanked my chip to the right around most of the green.. :( Very painful. I seem to recall at least 3 or 4 until the Mercy Rule was invoked.

The short-sided 20 yard pitch shot over something (bunker, high rough, etc) off a tight lie.

I have no chance.

wtf...how do you do that

I think i would just get my 3 wood out, choke down and hit a high slice
lol

If the lie is good, I can hit it maybe 50% of the time.

The better idea is to start looking at where's the best place to miss and if you go over...what trouble is there?

3JACK

If the lie is good, I can hit it maybe 50% of the time.

The better idea is to start looking at where's the best place to miss and if you go over...what trouble is there?

3JACK

this is almost as hard as down hill lie 50 yard chip with elevated green.

everytime I see that, I'm just like
9076032.jpg

Needing a high 3-iron on a downhill lie to an elevated green.

3JACK

This shot and the 200 yard shot out of relatively thick rough are the reasons I have taken the 3 iron out of my bag and replaced it with a properly fit 3 hybrid. By properly fit I mean a genuine substitue for my 3 iron, built to the proper length, rather than one of those extra long clubs you get off the rack.

With a 3 iron I can pull off the above shot maybe 20% of the time, but with the 3 hybrid it is jut so much easier to get the ball up high and soft.

I am also no good at the long bunker shot!

hp12c

New
The short-sided 20 yard pitch shot over something (bunker, high rough, etc) off a tight lie.

I have no chance.

I had the same issue, but I like to fiddle with clubs and I bought airon bending machine, soooo I bent a 60 degree wedge to about 70degrees, now its a piece of cake square stance square clubface swing using the bounce and it pops up in the air lands soft and stays put.

Status
Not open for further replies.