Help-A-Hacker....

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S. Steve could be correct a simple grip change may be in order. Get an upclose view of your grip from multiple angles. That is probably a good starting point.

Norrbotten?

Is that a SD/NSA hybrid? Impressive BS twist and nice counterfall move. Hold the twist a bit longer in the DS (motorcycling with upper hand), blast off #4. Viktigast: flytta söderut där gräset växer bättre på rangerna.

Thanks for the feedback!

SoftConsult,
I think you got a very valid point, something is not right with my grip, big thanks for bringing it up. After tinkering around with a club here at home i realized what i thought was gripping it in the fingers probably is more in the palm as the club kind of rolls up when i close the hand and i have to regrip and twist the club so it wont be dead shut.

Of course im not sure if i got it right now either but i'll work on it and see what it gives.

vj,
Yeah i like the feeling of the lct especially on the longer clubs, helps with the tempo imo.

Drulf, I got all the videos but am not really trying to use any specfic pattern, i guess the ideas of NSA affected me the most. Jag skulle gärna ta grönare gräs och längre säsong, men man vill ju ha snön på vintrarna också så jag stannar nog här i Luleå :)

Let's see if I can verbalize what Brian had me do.

He was very, very specific. Place the grip diagonally across the fingers. That part is difficult to describe. The next part was what gets the heel of the hand on there correctly. He had me raise my left thumb up like shooting a pistol. Then, with the thumb up, push the heel of the hand over to the right . The feeling is that the heel leads and the left wrist bends more than if you just let the heel go straight down onto the grip. Finally, bring the right thumb down into position. Of course, remember to then check your clubface using Brian's method of holding the left arm out in front of you.

I really think that if you get the grip on there so you can cock your wrist more easily, your swing will be just fine and a whole lot easier.

Let us know how it goes.

Just a quick update and thanks for the grip description above, i love the new feeling of the grip and i am driving the ball better than ever atm. Not sure if that is all due to the new grip but as i said it feels much better and as an added bonus i dont see any wearspots on my glove.

Thanks to Softconsult and Mr Manzella!

I would highly recommend a grip check to anyone who feels the "manzella neutral grip" is uncomfortable, gripping the club this way made a huge difference in how weak a grip i could be comfortable with.

Status
Not open for further replies.