Hinge Action, Rate of Closure, and what you SHOULD do with the clubface (p9 pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianid

Why would anybody care about a screename who won't say who he is, whether he can play or or teach, wears out the agonizingly arrogant LOL buttons and clings to TGM? Just let him keep pivoting and keeping his right wrist bent. He will fight this regardless of any other info put in front of him.

I can just see him at his computer...."Oh, these little people, they're straightening their right wrists on purpose. Hahahahaha...Homer knew so much more."

Your brother BM wouldn't be where he is now without TGM you know...but I'm not a TGM expert, so what do I know about TGM...but principled people...I know those...I'm really wondering why a Master Instructor like you will INITIATE bashing TGM...as if your methods are perfect...we are all HUMANS...NOBODY'S PERFECT!!!

So why do you bother to engage this TGM student, if you think this really know nothing?...huh?

Want to discuss non-TGM golf principles with me? C'mon...get it on, handsy-wristy instructor...

I REPEAT...the REASON WHY YOU TEACH THAT THING IS BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO HIT THE BALL ON THE SWEETSPOT IF YOU PIVOT YOUR BODY FAST...

I repeat...you DON'T KNOW a thing about PIVOT AND BODY ACTION! Put that in 8D machines, will ya?

So, what do you know, other then how to flunk grade school grammar? You read a book by a guy who didn't know how to teach or play golf. Good for you.

lia41985

EVERYONE decent has MASSIVE right wrist straightening in their swings in the final phase of the downswing. Certainly there are differences in amount, but it is there as sure as the nose on my face. TGM omits it. Quite a few other "Scientific" systems do as well.
Confirming the above:
This study aimed to investigate the importance of wrist flexion and trunk rotation relative to the pelvis about a vertical axis (X-factor) in the golf swing, through the use of kinematic simulation. Empirical data of 5 highly skilled golfers were collected using a 3D optoreflective system. A full body, 3D forward kinematic model was created that predicted the endpoint of the club to within 0.02 mm of the empirical data. X-factor rotation, then flexion of the wrist was locked at zero degrees throughout the downswing, with the effect on the kinematics of the club-head analysed. The results indicated that effective extension/flexion at the wrist is of great importance to performance with an average reduction of club-head velocity at impact of 46%, when wrist flexion is restricted during the downswing. Effective rotation of the trunk was also important to performance variables.
Emphasis added. Link here: THE IMPORTANCE OF WRIST FLEXION AND X-FACTOR IN THE GOLF SWING: A FORWARD KINEMATIC APPROACH | Sweeney | ISBS - Conference Proceedings Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.