Ideas for getting laid off at the top?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any ideas for working on a slightly laid off position at the top of the swing? I've tried some different things with mixed results.

Thanks for any input.

Does anyone have any ideas for working on a slightly laid off position at the top of the swing? I've tried some different things with mixed results.

Thanks for any input.
What are trying to achieve with the laid off position? Just curious, because if you rotate your left arm it means you have to rotate it back.

Dariusz J.

Ok. Thanks.

Do you have any checkpoints or ways to monitor the left arm rotation to make sure it isn't overdone?

No. I am wholeheartedly against any conscious monitoring of actions. Besides, the natural limit in RoM of joints will not let you overdo it.

Cheers

No. I am wholeheartedly against any conscious monitoring of actions. Besides, the natural limit in RoM of joints will not let you overdo it.

Cheers

Hmmm. It seems like some people end up VERY laid off at the top. How is that not overdoing it? Is there a setup position that you advocate that limits the motion?

What are trying to achieve with the laid off position? Just curious, because if you rotate your left arm it means you have to rotate it back.

If I get a little laid off at the top, I can do a "stay turned" transition and use a steep hand path to tumble the club, and hit the ball with basically one move.

From across the line, I have two options. I can stay turned with the club staying "steep" and then reverse tumble through the ball, or I can try and shallow the club to the plane (which can promote an early unwind) and then cover. I don't like the results of either.

If I get a little laid off at the top, I can do a "stay turned" transition and use a steep hand path to tumble the club, and hit the ball with basically one move.

From across the line, I have two options. I can stay turned with the club staying "steep" and then reverse tumble through the ball, or I can try and shallow the club to the plane (which can promote an early unwind) and then cover. I don't like the results of either.

So, you really aren't trying to lay it off, just trying not to get across the line? Which to you will probably feel laid off.

So, you really aren't trying to lay it off, just trying not to get across the line? Which to you will probably feel laid off.

Well, I guess on the line would work. I just think it might be hard to get it exactly on the line every time, so if I'm going to err on one side, I'd rather be slightly laid off. I definitely don't want to overdo it though.

just turn and rotate your left arm clock wise.

I had trouble with across the line and lifting my arms too much because i never let my left arm rotate.

If you dont' rotate your left arm, you would need to

1. laying off on the dowswing first or reverse tumble

2. then trying to square the club face with a really open club face.

Isn't it easier to just open the club face and close the club face?

Sure, some of you a baseball players, and like the golf club to be very upright.

But remember, the base ball bat does not have a clubhead. You do not need to square the baseball bat into the hitting area.

Last edited:
just turn and rotate your left arm clock wise.

I had trouble with across the line and lifting my arms too much because i never let my left arm rotate.

If you dont' rotate your left arm, you would need to

1. laying off on the dowswing first or reverse tumble

2. then trying to square the club face with a really open club face.

Isn't it easier to just open the club face and close the club face?

Sure, some of you a baseball players, and like the golf club to be very upright.

But remember, the base ball bat does not have a clubhead. You do not need to square the baseball bat into the hitting area.

Have you had any problems with overdoing that?

Have you had any problems with overdoing that?

Unless you have a very static pivot on the backswing, i don't see how you can over do it.

If you don't move your body and just keep rotating your left arm of course it's gonna be super over rotated, but if you turn your body, then it should be ok at the top.

each for it's own

Unless you have a very static pivot on the backswing, i don't see how you can over do it.

If you don't move your body and just keep rotating your left arm of course it's gonna be super over rotated, but if you turn your body, then it should be ok at the top.

each for it's own

Yeah I get what you're saying.

You worked on this with Brian, right? Did he give you some other swing thoughts for accomplishing it (he usually has a bunch)?

Status
Not open for further replies.