Improving lie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Thank you for the response Kevin, if its allowed then I as taugh wrong and or the interpretation of the rule has changed, which is fine by me.

Im not sure if what you saw is actually allowed. But you are allowed to tap behind the ball.....its just such a fine line:)

hp12c

New
Im not sure if what you saw is actually allowed. But you are allowed to tap behind the ball.....its just such a fine line:)

If I could record that part of what Petterson did and post it here and let forum memeber comment, or and also send it to the USGA, but if I remember there is a referee with each group, right, and if the ref saw it and did nothing then its ok.

`As a player I was taught not to ground my club behind the ball in the rough until I was ready to strike the ball`, that`s how it should be. Why would anybody need to `feel` the grass behind the ball before even playing the shot. Using the driver to tap down grass behind the ball in the rough from 50 yards out is pathetic. The rules should be applied within reason. How can you expect every golf player to call penalties on themselves if everybody was to try the `Driver trick` =) it`s just so wrong (not that I haven`t done it before cough,cough)

Status
Not open for further replies.