Just had lesson w/ Manzella - Before & After

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwat

New
Thanks Oliver1

I feel like one of the most important points Brian wanted me to work on was placing that left hand on the wall after impact. The only way for me to do that is to get on my right side and practically feel like I am staying there all the way through impact.

Ballflight is high as usual. Now that I am back to more of a full BS, the pulls have come back into play. I have to really stay on top of the ball in the DS and not drift laterally. I think that and the tug go hand in hand.

Question.....when your hands, or CP, get near your right thigh on the downstroke does everyone here agree with where the club head is at that moment? Wouldn't this been a real contributing factor as to why the ball flight is high? I still am having a difficult time with this new release idea......just an old school stubborn new england yankee I guess.

Jwat

New
Question.....when your hands, or CP, get near your right thigh on the downstroke does everyone here agree with where the club head is at that moment? Wouldn't this been a real contributing factor as to why the ball flight is high? I still am having a difficult time with this new release idea......just an old school stubborn new england yankee I guess.

Are u stating that the club head is too low? I think if anything my hands could be a little more forward and that would help lower ball flight.

Damn Jwat!!!! -1 to zero.... sounds like pretty good numbers. Talk about going normal!!

What's happening with the ball? Higher, longer, straighter? Wish I could get half as close to those AOA figures. What were your numbers prior?

Jwat

New
Yea BManz was happy with them.

Ballflight is same, really high. I have worked in a slight pull, but that is from when I tug or move laterally with my pivot.

As far as distance is concerned, I haven't gained nor lost distance from this transition. Although I have lost about 20yds on my driver and 1 full club on my irons this year. Alot of it has to do with not swinging as hard at the ball.

Numbers were close to the same prior. I have never hit down on the ball 3deg or anything.

footwedge

Well I was on TM during the lesson. Don't know how you can calculate sequence though. My AOA was -1 to 0 with the irons.

Comment wasn't for the sequence, it was for the trajectory and aoa, if your happy with it why worry about the clubhead been too low, not that you are but you mentioned it.

Jwat

New
Comment wasn't for the sequence, it was for the trajectory and aoa, if your happy with it why worry about the clubhead been too low, not that you are but you mentioned it.

True. I would like to bring the trajectory down some. Also I think if i could get the hands another inch forward at impact I would be a little more consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.