Lee Westwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announced today that Lee has split with coach Pete Cowen. He is moving to the the USA shortly and would love to see him work with Brian. Just pray to god he doesnt fall into the hands of someone like Leadbetter

I really hope Lee profits from the changes. But for a bit of bad luck here and there, and the odd naughty around the greens he'd have as many majors as Mickelson and Els.

Interesting because I remember a special a couple years back where he basically was a bit condescending towards having a PGA tour card, living in America....etc etc. He was a Brit, etc. Maybe not going well on the home front.

dbl

New
His decision about moving to USA was made a long time ago (to do so), and announced and discussed. He wants to win majors and figures he has to be here to do it. The coach part is the new thing.

dbl

New
I have no real knowledge of this, but I thought Cowen used a TM, as I had seen pictures of some of his students and he with TM (and read their comments) about TM usage. Maybe Lee figures he's zeroed out by now...

hp12c

New
I like Lee and was always wondering why he was winning on the Euro tour but seemed to not do so good here in the states, so its his chipping and putting I though it was the courses.

I was impressed with Westwood and his tenacity in his career. In the early 2000's he lost his game and fell out of the top 100, but he worked hard, initially with Leadbetter, and has become one of the top players in the world. I'm wishing him success, whoever he chooses as a coach.

When you hit 15 greens in regulation and shoot 75 it's the putter. I agree with Faldo when he says his left hand grip on the putter is WAY too strong.

Lee will go with a big-name-know-nothing clown who will be as useful to him as a chocolate teapot.

Word on this side of the pond is that Westwood will work in public, at The Barclays next week with his new coach and that it is not one of the 'usual suspects!'

Status
Not open for further replies.