Lucas Glover's move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnny Miller (love him or hate him :p) talked a lot about the width of Lucas Glover's swing. Personally, I love his float load and am wondering if this width allows him more room to accomplish it?

Can't be all that bad...he's 1st in total driving on the tour this year.

PGATOUR.com - SwingPlex - Home of Slow Motion Player Swings

Or, compilation here for comparison (Glover's swing is @ the 35 sec mark)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN-s5pBhsiM[/media]

TPG

New
Roger Maltbie claimed the "downloading" could be hard to control - the swingplex narrative states Glovers swing is based all on timing, yet he is very high on the total driving ranking, what gives? What is unorthodox about his swing? Is float loading an issue with accurate ball flight?

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
All those pop instructionists....if it doesn't look exactly like Adam Scott in 2D then their swing is tragically flawed and it is a wonder they can even hit the ball.

I get so tired of hearing the above...it just gets old, how about celebrating the diversity of different swings and figuring out HOW they work not just blasting them because they don't look like some "model"

Roger Maltbie claimed the "downloading" could be hard to control - the swingplex narrative states Glovers swing is based all on timing, yet he is very high on the total driving ranking, what gives? What is unorthodox about his swing? Is float loading an issue with accurate ball flight?

You've gotta find a release that works for you above all else - regardless of what it looks like on camera. Is max trigger physically/biochemically more difficult to perform? Heck, I dunno. But common sense tells me that the longer those accumulators are held the more it looks like the release is "timed." Don't drink the kool aid. :cool:

Does anyone remember Brian saying maybe the next star was Lucas Glover.
I think it was about 18 months to 2 years ago. It is obvious our host could see his ability then. No mean feat winning a US Open when everyone in the crowd is rooting for someone else. Pretty good talent identification !

All those pop instructionists....if it doesn't look exactly like Adam Scott in 2D then their swing is tragically flawed and it is a wonder they can even hit the ball.

I agree 100%. If they can't draw their lines, then the swing in question has got to have something wrong with it.

not being harsh, but when you think someones gonna "break out" and they do nothing for 2 years, it doesnt quite mean you've ear-marked him out.

i always really liked his swing and knew he could play well

not being harsh, but when you think someones gonna "break out" and they do nothing for 2 years, it doesnt quite mean you've ear-marked him out.

i always really liked his swing and knew he could play well

In all fairness though Pecky, Brian did stay with Glover and called him winning the tournament during the third round when he was behind by like six or seven. He also said that he would win at 4 under par.

Fairly good judgement there, and this could be the beginning of the breakout similar to when Zack Johnson won the Masters. They were all saying that Zack was going to break out too and it took a little while.

I get so tired of hearing the above...it just gets old, how about celebrating the diversity of different swings and figuring out HOW they work not just blasting them because they don't look like some "model"

The Adam Scott swing love by the commentators borders on the ridiculous. It's not like the guy has a bad swing or unpleasing swing, but I think the thing they love the most is the ramrod straight back. Almost all the high school and college players who hit at the range I hit at seem to work constantly on that straight back thing, that and to obsess about whether their swings are too long and go past parallel. How did those become the ultimate cosmetic factors for swings?

Here's another question for you. How does someone who hits the ball like Angel Cabrera have two majors and nothing else on the PGA Tour (I realize he has several Euro Tour victories)? How can you hit it like he does and win at Oakmont and Augusta and nowhere else? Is he sometimes a bad putter or something? A friend told me about one of Miller's best lines of the US Open, he apparently said on watching Cabrera hit a shot, "what is Spanish for squish"? Cabrera does squish the ball. I thought at times when he was playing with Tiger in the Open made Tiger look a little mechanical. And Cabrera ends up at 15 over or something.

Last edited:
The Adam Scott swing love by the commentators borders on the ridiculous. It's not like the guy has a bad swing or unpleasing swing, but I think the thing they love the most is the ramrod straight back. Almost all the high school and college players who hit at the range I hit at seem to work constantly on that straight back thing, that and to obsess about whether their swings are too long and go past parallel. How did those become the ultimate cosmetic factors for swings?

I made a comment about a month ago about how the players with ramrod straight backs are inconsistant. Adam Scott, etc.

Not so much the lower back, but the upper back. The spine actually curves up there, and trying to artificially pull your shoulders back to make your upper back look straight doesn't seem to work consistantly.

Think of Nicklaus. Sergio made a point in the July Golf Magazine about keeping the upper back a little rounded.

Here's another question for you. How does someone who hits the ball like Angel Cabrera have two majors and nothing else on the PGA Tour (I realize he has several Euro Tour victories)?

Because he didn't play very often on the US Tour prior to his US Open win.

bcoak

New
Glover must have been close with Harmon. Had to work to keep it together when they asked him about it. Can you imagine what Butch would have done to his swing? Guess he found the right Harmon.
BM, did you know anything about his Harmon (sorry forget his first name)?

Status
Not open for further replies.