medici - help me help him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YouTube - gg
we met thru this forum, and had a live lesson a while ago. we were goin to meet in person this week but circumstances have rendered that idea void.

in a nutshell. gets too far forward. gets steep. has tried multiple things to change this, with some success.

any ideas from instructors and anyone else who wishes to chime in

cheers mate..dint realise you were putting it on the forum...soeey i couldnt meet up...just my luck to need 2new tyres!
guys...i cant praise this guy enough....he is basically my coach...hes just not a pro!!

the point is that you as a UK handicap of 5.1, are most likely a much better ballstriker than him already. ideally you want your teacher to be able to demonstrate what he wants you to do to get better. i could have all the golf knowledge that is floating around in that coconut of Manzella, but that doesn't mean i could DO any of it properly, much less teach others to do it.

the point is that you as a UK handicap of 5.1, are most likely a much better ballstriker than him already. ideally you want your teacher to be able to demonstrate what he wants you to do to get better. i could have all the golf knowledge that is floating around in that coconut of Manzella, but that doesn't mean i could DO any of it properly, much less teach others to do it.

Manzella taught DT how to put... and Manzella said he couldn't put worth a darn...

Peck, keep teaching, you have helped me.

DP3

New
try this

point left elbow more towards target at setup without moving hand wrist positin relax arms more . Imagine head moving very slightly downward and to the right on backswing.

Don't want to tread on anyones toes but...

In short,

right hip way too high/left hip too low in transition/downswing,

result = no spine tilt away from target = steep downswing.

potentially harmful result = increased compression in right lumbar spine, backache and long term disc damage.

Hips need to turn on plane as much as anything else, you have the (hip) equivalent of an ott shoulder turn.

I'm sure your 'coach' can devise a few drills for you...;)

jaridyard

Image of Med 1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last edited:
In short,

right hip way too high/left hip too low in transition/downswing,

result = no spine tilt away from target = steep downswing.

potentially harmful result = increased compression in right lumbar spine, backache and long term disc damage.

Hips need to turn on plane as much as anything else, you have the (hip) equivalent of an ott shoulder turn.

I'm sure your 'coach' can devise a few drills for you...;)

jaridyard

Image of Med 1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

good point. nicely pointed out. thanks.

left hip more up then

for heaven's sake stop listening and reading all this nonsense advice
just go and practise your lower body motion on an upslope without hitting balls

for heaven's sake stop listening and reading all this nonsense advice
just go and practise your lower body motion on an upslope without hitting balls

Yep, great advice.... get on that upslope and when you get off it enjoy your hanging back, slinging action you've developed as a result. Does anyone ever tire of the old world teaching that always tries to fix the effect and not the cause?

If I've ever read nonsense advice that would be it, in fact a tour player I began working with earlier this year had exactly the same issue. Now she's 20 yards longer and hits the draw that she spent the last 4 years trying to get. So if indeed you are correct and it is nonsense I must have got lucky.

Medici, PM me if you're interested.

Last edited:
Yep, great advice.... get on that upslope and when you get off it enjoy your hanging back, slinging action you've developed as a result. Does anyone ever tire of the old world teaching that always tries to fix the effect and not the cause?

If I've ever read nonsense advice that would be it, in fact a tour player I began working with earlier this year had exactly the same issue. Now she's 20 yards longer and hits the draw that she spent the last 4 years trying to get. So if indeed you are correct and it is nonsense I must have got lucky.

Medici, PM me if you're interested.

hmmm well who said anything about the upper body hanging back and slinging ...not me
so you work with a female tour player...big deal pal ...i play light years ahead of you and your female tour player
cause and effect nonsense coming from some teahing pro not good enough to tie up my shoelaces

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
YouTube - gg
we met thru this forum, and had a live lesson a while ago. we were goin to meet in person this week but circumstances have rendered that idea void.

in a nutshell. gets too far forward. gets steep. has tried multiple things to change this, with some success.

any ideas from instructors and anyone else who wishes to chime in

Stop practicing on such extreme uphill lies.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.