More Impressive: McIlroy or Ishikawa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that haven't heard. Ishikawa shot a 58 in a Japan Tour event today, on a course that was reported as being 6500 yards and the average score from the field was ABOVE par. McIlroy shot a 62 on a tough track at Quail Hollow with a great field.

Both are very impressive, I don't care if it's a local muni course, 58 is flat out golfing your ball.

McIlroy was a flat out stud today. I was really impressed with his play over the entire weekend. I'm hoping we finally for the first time since Tiger Woods hit the scene, have some young guys that are looking to win majors. I think Kim, Fowler, Rory, Ishikawa all look like they may have the stuff.

Ish was 12 under off the ladies tees - McILL was 10 under beating two great players on a much tougher course. Maybe we have a couple of young players to give golf a boost AD Tiger.

TaylorMadeAP25

-16 for the weekend on the PGA tour with a difficult course says something, Rory all the way. the kid made the cut on the number and WON the tourny...crazy..good golf this weekend...who needs tiger???? ; )

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
find my post where i said rory will be the next star on the pga tour....i had no idea he won @ quail (not really following golf) but it doesn't surprise me either.

I can only speak to Rory's round, because I watched it on TV. I don't think I have EVER seen SO MANY iron shots hit stiff. He was putting for birdie (or eagle) from 5 feet on hole after hole. It was a performance that could only be compared to Tiger. And he ended up lapping a field with some fantastic players in it. In terms of single-round performances on the last day (and not just playing great under pressure on the last day, e.g. Y. E. Yang) it was right up there at the top (with Duval's 59, etc.).

find my post where i said rory will be the next star on the pga tour....i had no idea he won @ quail (not really following golf) but it doesn't surprise me either.

He didn't just win. He shot a 62 on Sunday to finish the weekend at -16. He made the cut on the number and went absolute bonkers on Sunday.

Rory no doubt. The weekend was just an example of what he can do. Just hope the flatstick doesnt let him down

Burner

New
Excuse me.

Rory no doubt. The weekend was just an example of what he can do. Just hope the flatstick doesnt let him down

Whachu talkin' bout Willis? :confused:

He was sinking putts from further out than I can drive the ball!

43 feet for a bird on 18 'aint exactly shabby.:D

ej20

New
I can't see either dominating the game.They will win tournaments and even majors but it's a big mans game these days.Ryo in particular is too small.I don't think they are strong enough out of the rough like Tiger.You can't hit the ball perfect all the time unless you happen to be Ben Hogan.

I can't see either dominating the game.They will win tournaments and even majors but it's a big mans game these days.Ryo in particular is too small.I don't think they are strong enough out of the rough like Tiger.You can't hit the ball perfect all the time unless you happen to be Ben Hogan.

Rory is a pretty strong dude. And Ryo is only 18 right? Give him time to fill out.

They both know how to go low for sure.

TaylorMadeAP25

????? Rory doesnt have power???? The dude hit Driver ,6i into #15 566yd par 5 that day ...i can see Rory contending and winning majors for years to come....not to mention he is only 21, look what tiger did to his body in 5 years on tour, he has gotten JACKED!

Avg Driving distance was 313yds last week kid has some..POP!

Status
Not open for further replies.