More Impressive: McIlroy or Ishikawa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ej20

New
????? Rory doesnt have power???? The dude hit Driver ,6i into #15 566yd par 5 that day ...i can see Rory contending and winning majors for years to come....not to mention he is only 21, look what tiger did to his body in 5 years on tour, he has gotten JACKED!

Avg Driving distance was 313yds last week kid has some..POP!

When Tiger first came on tour,he averaged 330+ in the Masters using steel shafted drivers and balatas.He was swinging close to 130 mph.

Anyway,I wasn't talking about driving distance.I was talking more about getting out of rough.Don't you find it amazing how Tiger misses so many fairways but is still always up there in GIRs?It takes a lot of strength to get out of rough and onto the green.

ej20

New
Why is speed king?I was also talking about control.The club has to go through a lot of shit before it gets to the ball when playing out of rough.The grass also has a tendency to grab the hosel.Tiger can muscle a ball onto the green where lesser players would just chip out.

ej20

New
Also more strength means that you can improvise your shot better.You can come down steeper into the ball with more trigger delay to avoid most of the grass.Nobody improvises better than Tiger and a lot of that comes down to strength.It's not a black and white issue.

Ryo has a sweepy release that doesn't lend well to shots out of rough.

Also more strength means that you can improvise your shot better.You can come down steeper into the ball with more trigger delay to avoid most of the grass.Nobody improvises better than Tiger and a lot of that comes down to strength.It's not a black and white issue.

Ryo has a sweepy release that doesn't lend well to shots out of rough.

I still don't understand the sweep release...could you elaborate more on that? thanks

TaylorMadeAP25

When Tiger first came on tour,he averaged 330+ in the Masters using steel shafted drivers and balatas.He was swinging close to 130 mph.

Anyway,I wasn't talking about driving distance.I was talking more about getting out of rough.Don't you find it amazing how Tiger misses so many fairways but is still always up there in GIRs?It takes a lot of strength to get out of rough and onto the green.

I get what you are saying but Rory has the Swing Speed to hit out of rough this is from a sports article when he won his first tourny overseas.

"Rory who is 5-11, impresses his peers with a swing speed of 120 mph (Woods can top out at 125 mph to 130 mph)"
Rory also hits moon balls. plus he probably wont be in the rough as often as tiger.

It is pretty crazy how tiger can miss that many fairways and still get to the green with accuracy. i havent seen him hit to many greens this year though even from the fairway ;)

ej20

New
I guess the question comes down to whether resisting clubhead deceleration and twisting is important when hitting out of heavy rough.

I haven't researched it but I think it is.You are no longer hitting just one object.

Status
Not open for further replies.