My attempted blending of NHA and SD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Isn't it amazing...

I have been VERY BUSY the past few weeks, and when I am gone, the forum goes to hell in a hand basket.

You DO NOT need to have your right forearm on plane EVER.

Next subject.

As far as the swings in this thread, I would like to see more of a soft draw backswing early on.

When the cat's away...

I have been VERY BUSY the past few weeks, and when I am gone, the forum goes to hell in a hand basket.

Next subject.

As far as the swings in this thread, I would like to see more of a soft draw backswing early on.

Glad to see you're back. I was trying out the Socratic method with this one. Oh well :D.

I will continue working on it. You had me taking it back more inside in our lesson a couple years ago too.

I am also working on some more lag while incorporating Kevin's suggestion of a more passive upper body transition allowing the hands and arms to fall a little more from the top. My right shoulder has been lower with some more lag which in turn has bent the right elbow more at impact. I don't think I have ever had much lag.

Have been hitting a lot fat and putting a lot of slice spin on some of the balls with the driver.

Last edited:
Glad to see you're back. I was trying out the Socratic method with this one. Oh well :D.

I had a feeling you guys were trying to get something out of 211, I knew I couldn't comfortably get the forearm on plane at address and none of the tour pros I looked at did anyway.

I had a feeling you guys were trying to get something out of 211, I knew I couldn't comfortably get the forearm on plane at address and none of the tour pros I looked at did anyway.

He just had a bad case of the have-to's. They've been going around a lot lately.

You pull too hard with the left side from the top which opens the face (un-does the twist if you will) that leads to the sweepy release with the high right shoulder face squaring move.Your left shoulder should be behind the ball at impact. Soften the upper body in the transition with a better "fall", then you can maybe get more UJT release position.

In softenning the upper body and allowing the hands to fall more leading to some more lag, is it correct to feel more like an arms only swing?

I'm still pivoting, but the swing feels all arms. I can do this pretty well up to a 7 iron, but the longer clubs are trouble.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
In softenning the upper body and allowing the hands to fall more leading to some more lag, is it correct to feel more like an arms only swing?

I'm still pivoting, but the swing feels all arms. I can do this pretty well up to a 7 iron, but the longer clubs are trouble.

NO, you just have to use the pivot from the ground up. Still use the unwinding of your body but dont pull so hard with the left side right from the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.