My Swing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a lot more video but these three were the only ones that came out ok. The two down the line views were close to the best I hit.

VERY slight push with fade. Ended about 5 yards right.

Straight with slight fade. Finished about 1 yard right.

BIG push fat slice AWFUL shot. Best to forget this one. Camera probably not in the best position, a little behind the ball and turned to the right (from the camera view).

Still working on my pivot, trying to make a deeper turn without as much arm lift. Being on an upright plane I'm still working on width going back and coming down. Still getting a little too narrow.

I'm struggling a little with consistency with the number of changes I've been working on but I expect that. Good shots are REALLY good but the bad ones are way off. Mostly fat shots and straight pulls. I lift at the top and come over it. Getting the right sequence on the downswing with the proper tilt is another place I have trouble. From the front view I think I might not have enough tilt at address, I'm going to experiment a little with that. This front video though isn't the best angle though.

I have a feeling I'm getting close to the point that I need to upgrade my BODY and my EQUIPMENT before I'll get much better. Need more flexibility. I have to grip down a lot to keep the heel from digging which would mean maybe slightly shorter clubs and flatter lies. In the mean time I'll keep working on consistency and sequence.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure he was just referring to the time you posted :)

I was up at around 3am the other day and was reading and contemplated replying to a post but then thought for a split second...people will think I don't sleep. Amusing to see it happen to someone else.

I'm pretty sure he was just referring to the time you posted :)

I was up at around 3am the other day and was reading and contemplated replying to a post but then thought for a split second...people will think I don't sleep. Amusing to see it happen to someone else.

Yeah, I always wonder when I post something at an odd time if I should preface it with "I'm up because I have to be" or something. It's no biggie except I long for the day I can have a normal schedule again. It will help my golf game a lot :)

Hi Rob,
Nice video thought the lighting was poor but I like your swing.
Next time when you will post your video keep lighting in your mind and do share your score also!

Hi Rob,
Nice video thought the lighting was poor but I like your swing.
Next time when you will post your video keep lighting in your mind and do share your score also!

Yeah the picture could be better but right now all I have is either my girlfriends Android or my laptop. I bet that has something to do with the quality as much as the light. I'm saving for a nice camera with the super slo-mo so I can be a part of the club:cool:

As far as score depending on the course I'm usually in the high 70's-low 80's. I struggle a little with longer courses but I'm hitting the driver better. The last time I played I only played 9 holes, shot 36, one birdie one bogey and hit all 9 greens. The caveat is that it's a kinda short quirky course but I hit a lot of nice short irons. I've purposely stayed away from the course for about the last month to work on stuff, and because I'm broke :mad:

Last edited:
I will be posting some new swings soon, I've had a major shift in my thinking and what I'm working. It's related to the release thread....and this video:

Not saying I look like this guy, or ever have, but this takes me back to some stuff I worked on in the past, now with a little more knowledge about what is actually happening :)

Status
Not open for further replies.